JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Consider yourself blessed for not having to worry and/or get shot! Philando Castile did not give the cop a reason to pull out, aim and shoot his gun. I'm surprised the NRA hasn't came out with a concern about that murder.

The biggest "problem" with that shooting is I have yet to see a video that shows what really happened. From the only video I have seen you can't tell what, if anything, the guy is doing in the car. At the point where the Cop pulls his gun time to STOP. If it was me I would not care if he was shouting orders to do 3 different things or even to get out of the car. When a Cop points a gun at you, STOP. Now was he sitting there with his hands on the wheel? If so I would give you the murder. If he was still reaching for something in the car he was being very dumb. Again I can't seem to understand what is hard about this. Cop points a gun at you, you no longer move, reach, try to get out, you keep your hands up and do not move. Again no video I have seen that shows what was going on in the car. I HIGHLY suspect if Castile had just stopped moving when the Cops gun came out he would still be alive.

I prefer to avoid any contact with the police and regard the infrequent traffic stop as being a situation in which my life is in danger and nothing I can do about it. The cops are are an unknown quantity - some are jerks and most are decent human beings. We the Peons have no idea which we are dealing with in any given circumstances, or what they are going to do or why. I am polite without groveling and say as little as possible. In the car the piece goes in the handy little dashboard compartment Hyundai was perceptive enough to include, both as a matter of access and not being on my person if I have to exit the vehicle.
I am 70 Y.O.. White (yeah, I know that's not supposed to matter but probably does), no tats and no arrest record. The car is a '14 Hyundai Sonata, '03 F-250, or '49 Chevy Suburban, all in good repair. I don't look disreputable.
As far as Philando Castile, it sure looks like the cop just gunned him down, but we can't know without a seance to get his side. I don't say anything about guns unless I'm asked.

The biggest "problem" with that shooting is I have yet to see a video that shows what really happened. From the only video I have seen you can't tell what, if anything, the guy is doing in the car. At the point where the Cop pulls his gun time to STOP. If it was me I would not care if he was shouting orders to do 3 different things or even to get out of the car. When a Cop points a gun at you, STOP. Now was he sitting there with his hands on the wheel? If so I would give you the murder. If he was still reaching for something in the car he was being very dumb. Again I can't seem to understand what is hard about this. Cop points a gun at you, you no longer move, reach, try to get out, you keep your hands up and do not move. Again no video I have seen that shows what was going on in the car. I HIGHLY suspect if Castile had just stopped moving when the Cops gun came out he would still be alive.

My first issue is with the original post itself (whether it's admitted or not) that "Hey, I didn't get shot, so those that have must have been doing something wrong/suspicious. In reply to your comment, Aexx, that's the biggest problem is that the officer ALWAYS get the benefit of the doubt. 99% of cases have shown that no matter what evidence we as citizens, jury or the criminal justice field has seen, it's still The Cops word vs victim and/or suspect. At this point and even with the video, people minds are made up.

If you notice, that cop in Minnesota who shot that Australian girl isn't getting the same benefit of the doubt from the same people who gave this officer we are speaking of the same level of criticism.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top