JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Things I learned from that video:

1) There are actually some good drivers who avoided accidents (or, they were just incredibly lucky)
2) I guess seat belts aren't mandatory? Lots of bodies thrown from vehicles. Maybe it doesn't matter if your vehicle is literally ripped apart by a semi-truck?
3) You could make a killing operating a tow truck company. Or, a body shop. Or, a junk yard. Or, a meat wagon.

I still can't tell whether these Russia videos are from lower driver standards and a disasterous driving culture or American's simply don't have dash cams. I stopped watching live leak vids from Russia because I started to get this feeling that I didn't want to get in my car. I love my car and its dutifully sacrificed itself for me on at least one occasion.

It seems like the uk and Russia and India have dash cams.
Wonder if its to cover their a$$ incase something does happen.
I'm thinking a lot of people over there do not carry insurance so some have cams to prove what really happened. I live in forest grove and I thought of getting a dash cam cause people out here with walk right out in front of you (not in a cross walk) And expect you to just stop on a dime. (J walking) I don't mean they step out in front of you a ways out they step out when your close enough you have to hammer the brakes and they look at you like you're a jerk for almost hitting them. Oh another good place for video like this is live leaks.

A large percentage of those would be teen male drivers.

I was one of the worst examples. Drove like a complete maniac. Never injured or killed anyone which was amazing. I once totaled six other cars driving 100mph+ down St Helens Road with almost no brakes. (I downshifted and used the emergency brake lol). Two of them were rare classics.
Didn't have to pay out a dime because it was ruled that my Blazer had an unforeseen brake failure.

Look around you everyday at the idiots you encounter and then picture them behind the wheel with your life in there hands.

The main reason I stopped riding motorcycles. Too many close calls with this kind of stuff. At least in a car you have a chance.

The main reason I stopped riding motorcycles. Too many close calls with this kind of stuff. At least in a car you have a chance.

That is why I will never ride a motorcycle other drivers scare the he double hockey sticks outta me, and as you said at least with a car you have a little steel between you and them.

speaking of icy roads, here are some of my own pictures that were taken in northern arizona and along easbound i-90 in western montana.

010.jpg
027.jpg
029.jpg

eastbound i-80 in wyoming:
wyoming008.jpg
wyoming007.jpg

EB i-90 in montana:
MontanaTrip004.jpg
MontanaTrip010.jpg
MontanaTrip011.jpg

super bowl eve 2008 - somewhere in alberta:
iceroadtrucking009.jpg
iceroadtrucking014.jpg
iceroadtrucking020.jpg

just east of boise:
ice004.jpg

I've watched a few of those Russian crash videos and there are a few common themes, but speed is certainly a big factor. Something that does strike me too is that there seems to be a scant lack of consideration for other road users over there. Road laws might seem like a pain somedays, but they are there for a reason. Can you imagine i5 in a complete free for all?

It's also scary to see bodies ejected from vehicles because they don't wear a seat belt. I used to ride motorbikes too, and having done a superman impression over the top of a car, I would not recommend leaving a moving object at speed. The road hurts when you hit it.

I'm also thinking a dash cam would be a good idea, for lots of reasons. However, I guess it could also be used against you :)

That made me cringe. I will say that, IMHO, if you're a pedestrian and you step out into the street without looking both ways and being completely aware of traffic in both directions, you're genes will be subject to negative selection.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top