JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I'll be danged.

A couple weeks ago, my wife and I decided to go to Car Toys to look around. We pulled up and a radio station was there. Typical setup, enter to win the grand prize, smaller prizes to be given away at the top of the hour, one of those spinning wheels, etc. We walked up to take a look and they invited my wife to spin the wheel, which she did. She won a lollipop. LOL. So there I am, looking over the contest rules and they invited me to spin as well. OK, what the heck I thought. I spin it... and win a 50 Dollar VISA card! Cool! I fill out the entry slip and drop it in the box.

We go into Car Toys and look around for a bit and then come back out for the drawings. It is hotter than heck and I never win these things so i was paying more attention to drinking my water. Top prize was a very nice Kenwood (as I recall). I did not win it. Second prize, which I don't recall what it was, comes and goes. They call the 3rd and final name and of course I don't hear it... They call it again and "Hey! That's me!".

75 Dollar gift card joins the other one! Not bad I think.

Now fast forward to yesterday. It's 4:35pm and my daughter, her husband and my 8 week old shooting buddy are packing up to leave. My phone rings and it is a number I don't recognize so I let it go to message and continue with the good byes. About 20 minutes later I remember to check the message...

I cant believe it! I won the grand prize!!!

"The grand prize is a $1,000 gift card to Car Toys, $500 VISA cash card to use towards gas or lodging (your choice) and access admission for 4 people to the best theme parks that Anaheim and Southern California have to offer!"

I still can't believe it. :cool:

You won two prizes in the same giveaway? Tread lightly.......sounds like a scam to me.

Per their sweepstakes page:

1. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: $1,000 to be awarded in the form of a check. Value: $1,000. After checks are delivered, if they are lost, stolen or cashed without permission, they will not be replaced. All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize may not be transferred or substituted, except at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Claimed prize will be awarded. If winner is 18 years of age or older but deemed a minor in his/her state of residence (residents of Nebraska and Alabama must be 19 years of age or older to be the age of majority), prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian.

So the grand prize winner receives a check, not a gift card. And nothing about the $500 GC or the tickets.......

https://www.cartoys.com/reviews-contest

Sorry man. I hope it's real, but me thinks its BS. Keep us posted.

Thanks Kruejl. I see your post and amazed at the feeling of community and family that our members continually express.
You are all a great bunch of folks!
Thank you.

Just looking out man. If you legitimately won congrats!

I've received no less than three calls in the last week telling me as a loyal Costco member I won a 3 day vacation sponsored by Mariott.

Uh, I'm not a Costco member. :rolleyes:

So far my research supports the legitimacy of the contest. Association of 99.5 the Wolf and Entercom is real. Address for Entercom, where i will pick up the prize is legit, phone numbers they called me from and that i called for them are legit and perhaps even more importantly, the person I spoke to shows up in Linkden with the business title she gave to me over the phone.
Keeping my fingers crossed as it looks good so far!

So far my research supports the legitimacy of the contest. Association of 99.5 the Wolf and Entercom is real. Address for Entercom, where i will pick up the prize is legit, phone numbers they called me from and that i called for them are legit and perhaps even more importantly, the person I spoke to shows up in Linkden with the business title she gave to me over the phone.

Nice! I don't win a damn thing. The one time I did win a legitimate prize they somehow "lost" my info.

Story was:

I was 19, a pro-sponsored cross-country mountain bike rider. I had real sponsors, like Oakley, Specialized and LOOK. Standard Gen-X'er. I was going to do Cycle Oregon, and went to their pre-race meeting. Sick as a dog. Running a fever.

Anyway, my raffle ticket came up for the bike giveaway. Since mountain bikes are sized, they told me I would receive mine in a week or two. Several went by, so I ended up calling them. They somehow couldn't find my name, ticket number or anything else related to the giveaway. Go figure. I was a kid back then (1993) and gave up and moved on. I got lots of free stuff back then anyway. Now I'm old, bald and have a pair of bad knees to show for it. :D

Son #2's girlfriend won a contest sponsored by one of country stations in PDX, they had to go Vancouver to claim the prize and when they got there they had to sit thru a sales pitch for a timeshare before getting the prize. It was a 3 days/2 nights in Las Vegas IIRC..

Nice! I don't win a damn thing. The one time I did win a legitimate prize they somehow "lost" my info.

Story was:

I was 19, a pro-sponsored cross-country mountain bike rider. I had real sponsors, like Oakley, Specialized and LOOK. Standard Gen-X'er. I was going to do Cycle Oregon, and went to their pre-race meeting. Sick as a dog. Running a fever.

Anyway, my raffle ticket came up for the bike giveaway. Since mountain bikes are sized, they told me I would receive mine in a week or two. Several went by, so I ended up calling them. They somehow couldn't find my name, ticket number or anything else related to the giveaway. Go figure. I was a kid back then (1993) and gave up and moved on. I got lots of free stuff back then anyway. Now I'm old, bald and have a pair of bad knees to show for it. :D

Haaaaa, I was a kid in 63.... :p:p:p

Son #2's girlfriend won a contest sponsored by one of country stations in PDX, they had to go Vancouver to claim the prize and when they got there they had to sit thru a sales pitch for a timeshare before getting the prize. It was a 3 days/2 nights in Las Vegas IIRC..
Oh boy. Don't like the sounds of that. On the good news side, she did say that the receptionist would have the prize waiting for me as i walk in...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews