JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The news is full of stories like this from decades past till now. Several have been from LEO's doing this. I have always wondered how. Guess it's just me but I can't see it happening. There was one in the court house where I lived in Tucson. LEO did just this, some kid found it, gives gun to his Dad who "tries" to give it to the LEO's guarding the door. He is lucky he did not get shot. As it was they promptly tackled him. I am sure the Cop who's gun it was did not live it down for the rest of his time on the force.

To show the thinking process around all this is going to be difficult. Leaving a loaded pistol in the john, a drunk finds it and pulls the trigger to see if it's loaded [it was]. Two people arrested...

The 'stupid and inattentive' level is high here.

Just for a laff, and to remind you how things are different here in JOUK, a few years back an innocent home-owner, ex-soldier Paul Clarke - found a sawn-off shotgun in his garbage bin. He called up the local police station for advice, and was told to bring it in. He did so, and was arrested on the spot for illegal possession of a firearm [the shotgun] compounded by the fact that it was also a prohibited firearm, having been sawn-off.

Since these are what are called in yUK law 'absolute offences' - you do or you don't, did or didn't/, have or haven't, are or are not - there was no defence possible and he was facing five years in prison.

Please read - Ex-soldier faces jail for handing in discarded shotgun - Shooting UK

In the end he was given a 12-month suspended sentence. For doing as he was told to by a VERY senior police officer. I'm betting that the next time he sees a police officer in any kind of trouble he'll turn around and walk away, and who could blame him?

tac

Last Edited:
Let this story in the OP be a reminder to all who conceal carry...

Find a good holster and belt combination so you will not have to take off your holster and handgun or un-holster your hand gun , when using the restroom / bathroom.

I understand that a good holster and belt is expensive and that the trial and error of finding a good holster and belt is sometimes more error than trial...so....

Practice going to the bathroom / restroom with your concealed carry outfit at home , so you know how not to leave your handgun in the stall or wherever...
Andy

The dood should probably rethink this CC thing.
Some bad guy might just take that Glock away from him and shove it up where the sun don't shine.
A new level of concealed carry.

:eek:

The level of inattentiveness required to achieve this level of dumbassery is off the charts.

Last Edited:
Let this story in the OP be a reminder to all who conceal carry...

Find a good holster and belt combination so you will not have to take off your holster and handgun or un-holster your hand gun , when using the restroom / bathroom.

I understand that a good holster and belt is expensive and that the trial and error of finding a good holster and belt is sometimes more error than trial...so....

Practice going to the bathroom / restroom with your concealed carry outfit at home , so you know how not to leave your handgun in the stall or wherever...
Andy

Maybe the dude should have had a string tied between the pistol and his schwanse.... bet he wouldn't ever forget that, even when it's in his wife's purse! :rolleyes:

When I was a kid I used to hunt the Yakima Firing Center. One day a Pepsi delivery guy found a M16 while servicing the post. Very wisely IMHO, he hung it off one of the turn signal lights on a front fender of his truck and drove to the MP shack.

From the article:

"His accident could've caused the death of a teenager and it's negligence, you can't just leave a gun in the bathroom and walk away and forget about it," Alhadeff said.

But she doesn't mention the drunk guy pulling the trigger on a "found" firearm? And teenager's deaths are the only deaths worth worrying about these days? Really?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"His accident could've caused the death of a teenager and it's negligence, you can't just leave a gun in the bathroom and walk away and forget about it," Alhadeff said.

For any good activist: "Never let a good Crisis/Situation go to waste"....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top