JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At the start of Covid, instead of watching Netflix, I decided to build stuff. One item on the list was to buy a 1989 Soviet TOZ 35M 22lr "free pistol" and to hand carve the grips to my right hand. I spent over 40 hrs carving these grips from a solid cube of wood. Very humbling and Informative experience. Its literally a wooden glove, I can leave all my hand muscles limp and the gun will still stay in my hand. This helps to focus on the 15 gram trigger pull. This gun is 100% made to shoot one handed, and feels wrong to use 2 hands with. A very unique feature I noticed was a "thru-grip" hole for cleaning the barrel. The gun has a Martini-Henry action, and can be cleaned through the grip with the action open. Just a very odd, cool, and unique feature.

I have no way of proving this, but I was told by my LGS that these came in from Russia (about 1.5 years ago) from a disgruntled wife of a Russian Olympic Free Pistol coach who sold off a few hundred of these pistols to U.S. importers after her husband was shot and killed by one of his athletes/students during practice. A quick search confirms that a Russian Olympic free pistol student did indeed shoot their coach on purpose within this time frame.

20220728_023817.jpg 20220728_023703.jpg 20220728_023604.jpg 20220728_023454.jpg 20220728_023302.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads