JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Having conducted countless CL deals, I do some research and ask what I think is a fair price for an item. Sometimes firm means firm. I also consider ahead of time how much I'd end up pocketing if I ultimately accepted 10-15% less depending on a number of factors:

- What are other sellers asking/getting for the same/similar items?
- How many offers have I received?
- Have I tried to sell it before with no luck?
- Do I like or dislike the individual?

Instantaneous dislike is for rude people and unresponsive flakes. Or when I'm selling (for instance) a kayak at a fair price of $350 and I get a blind response like "I giv u 100 take it r leve it." I've seen that tactic so many times with vehicles, boats, instruments and weapons that I'm amazed when it doesn't happen! Often it's the same @ssjacket over and over again. I indulge myself an instantaneous flash of irritation, and then it's over. I ignore them and move on.

That guy is cousins with the guy like this:

I'll trade you my used Sony Bravia TV, it's got a couple scratches and the screen has some dead spots but it still wurks real gud. Paid $2000 new for it, so it's a fair trade for your $2500 AR-15

How about this here geetar I done wrote Less Pall's name on with a sharpie. His name on this thing makes me worth a lot of cash bro. Trade it to you with some cash on your part for that Sig 220.

This Hi Point 9 Glock for your HK45?

I'll stop now before I make someone cry. :D

On the other hand, I've given things (tent, camping gear, kayak, instruments) to responsive people who demonstrated a genuine need for what I was selling, They either lacked resources or really needed to spend that money on other things. Maybe I've been duped a time or two, but I like to think I'm a pretty fair judge of character and I cringe at gratuitous sob stories.

Responsive is the key word above. Typos make my butt pucker too, and I get that literacy eludes many quality people (just as any math beyond geometry leaves me flummoxed). But when I interact with real buyers or sellers, I provide reliable contact info, and I actively participate in 2-way communications until we reach an agreement (buy, sell, pass, meet somewhere specific, etc.).

There's this marvelous invention called the telephone. Stand me up and waste my time/gas for no good reason? I don't care if you try to wave a stack of crisp twenties under my nose later. You're dead to me.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads