JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not everyone was here for the past conversations and it just ain't the same to read an old thread. I like to express a point of view even if others have heard it a 100 times before just because it's me getting to post it. I wonder why those who don't think the thread is worthy feel it's their duty to crap on the thread rather than just move along and start your own thread?

Not everyone was here for the past conversations and it just ain't the same to read an old thread. I like to express a point of view even if others have heard it a 100 times before just because it's me getting to post it. I wonder why those who don't think the thread is worthy feel it's their duty to crap on the thread rather than just move along and start your own thread?

Agree 100% It's a forum. People come here to talk. And I don't recall a rule here that says if it's been discussed before it can't be discussed again. Exercise your 'don't read' muscles and simply avoid the thread if you don't like the topic. Pretty easy to do. I don't suppose folks ever talk about the same thing more than once with their friends or family do they?

This is one of those "offers" that will NOT get a reply from me. Period. If you have the cajones to insult me with some BS like this, I think I will just bite my tongue and not even waste my breath, or time, on you.

When I don't reply to your "offer" of something similar to this example, reevaluate what you sent me and up your "offer" if you want to even start a "convo". Don't get PO'd at me for not replying to something like this.

There are reasonable offers that warrant a reply "thanks, but that is a little too low" and there are offers that don't warrant effort on my part.

Just so there's no mistake here - Ironmonster was replying to my earlier post. A post where I said I don't offer any less than 25% off the asking price (so as to not insult the seller). I think he misunderstood and thought I offer 25% OF the asking price. I would never do that, and I never have. I did respond to Ironmonster about that very thing, but I don't know if you saw that response. Just would hate to get labeled a low-baller over a mis-read of my earlier post.

Yes, I might of thought that, Because that is what you actually said. You left an F off of of (go back and look)

Okay, I went back and changed it to "below" so there is no more chance of confusion. In my defense though, the context of what I was saying is that I don't low-ball people. I make reasonable offers because I do want people to respond. But that said, yes, the 'of' could have been taken that way.

Okay, I went back and changed it to "below" so there is no more chance of confusion. In my defense though, the context of what I was saying is that I don't low-ball people. I make reasonable offers because I do want people to respond. But that said, yes, the 'of' could have been taken that way.

:D Get a rope guys...:s0140:

I don't suppose folks ever talk about the same thing more than once with their friends or family do they?

I know people I saw two weeks ago that can tell me the same fing story they told me two weeks ago, and the two weeks before that, and the two weeks before that,and..and...and...the story happened over 30 years ago too...:eek::eek:...and then I cannot see them for 6 months and I get the same fing story again.

I know people I saw two weeks ago that can tell me the same fing story they told me two weeks ago, and the two weeks before that, and the two weeks before that,and..and...and...the story happened over 30 years ago too...:eek::eek:

Seems like every time my family (or my wife's) get together, it's going over the past stories - over and over and over....

Just so there's no mistake here - Ironmonster was replying to my earlier post. A post where I said I don't offer any less than 25% off the asking price (so as to not insult the seller). I think he misunderstood and thought I offer 25% OF the asking price. I would never do that, and I never have. I did respond to Ironmonster about that very thing, but I don't know if you saw that response. Just would hate to get labeled a low-baller over a mis-read of my earlier post.

etrain, I did read that, and I noticed that too. The "issue" I had, and the point I was trying to make was that people DO make offers like that. Then they get PO'd when you don't reply to it, and barrage you with emails stating so. "Offers" of 25% of the asking price don't deserve a response or an answer.

I did understand what was mentioned. Thank you for clarifying and pointing that out. I don't think you, or anyone else, would be considered a low-baller for offering 25% below asking price for a particular item - especially when it is grossly overpriced. Or a used item priced at, or above, new price.

:)

etrain, I did read that, and I noticed that too. The "issue" I had, and the point I was trying to make was that people DO make offers like that. Then they get PO'd when you don't reply to it, and barrage you with emails stating so. "Offers" of 25% of the asking price don't deserve a response or an answer.

I did understand what was mentioned. Thank you for clarifying and pointing that out. I don't think you, or anyone else, would be considered a low-baller for offering 25% below asking price for a particular item - especially when it is grossly overpriced. Or a used item priced at, or above, new price.

:)

And I do agree with you 100% I would consider an offer that low to be one that's not worth taking seriously. I would still respond myself, if only to tell them any chance they had at negotiating was done. That said, I wouldn't blame anyone that chose not to respond to such a ridiculously low offer ;)

I made an offer on an object based on what I could currently buy it for online at the time. The seller declined my offer by saying that I did not know what I was talking about, that the item was not on sale. I then posted a link to the site where the item was on sale, not in an effort to still purchase the item, but to show the person that I do not say things that are not true. After I posted the link to the website he complained to one of the moderators about me. I will never do business with him again if he can't take the truth.

You need to take your offers to a conversation (PM) and not on the OP's thread!!! It's downright disrespectful.

I think if I got a real low ball offer I would answer like this...

By your offer I sense you have fallen on hard times and can't afford my gun, which makes no sense cause if you can't afford the gun then how will you buy ammo? I am sorry that in your case I can't turn to charity and just give it to you as the bid seems so low you must be desperate for money. Giving you a gun may lead you to a life of crime, robbery most likely as your offer seems like robbery to me.:D Do come back when you get a job and can afford a gun.o_O

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top