JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Having conducted countless CL deals, I do some research and ask what I think is a fair price for an item. Sometimes firm means firm. I also consider ahead of time how much I'd end up pocketing if I ultimately accepted 10-15% less depending on a number of factors:

- What are other sellers asking/getting for the same/similar items?
- How many offers have I received?
- Have I tried to sell it before with no luck?
- Do I like or dislike the individual?

Instantaneous dislike is for rude people and unresponsive flakes. Or when I'm selling (for instance) a kayak at a fair price of $350 and I get a blind response like "I giv u 100 take it r leve it." I've seen that tactic so many times with vehicles, boats, instruments and weapons that I'm amazed when it doesn't happen! Often it's the same @ssjacket over and over again. I indulge myself an instantaneous flash of irritation, and then it's over. I ignore them and move on.

That guy is cousins with the guy like this:

I'll trade you my used Sony Bravia TV, it's got a couple scratches and the screen has some dead spots but it still wurks real gud. Paid $2000 new for it, so it's a fair trade for your $2500 AR-15

How about this here geetar I done wrote Less Pall's name on with a sharpie. His name on this thing makes me worth a lot of cash bro. Trade it to you with some cash on your part for that Sig 220.

This Hi Point 9 Glock for your HK45?

I'll stop now before I make someone cry. :D

On the other hand, I've given things (tent, camping gear, kayak, instruments) to responsive people who demonstrated a genuine need for what I was selling, They either lacked resources or really needed to spend that money on other things. Maybe I've been duped a time or two, but I like to think I'm a pretty fair judge of character and I cringe at gratuitous sob stories.

Responsive is the key word above. Typos make my butt pucker too, and I get that literacy eludes many quality people (just as any math beyond geometry leaves me flummoxed). But when I interact with real buyers or sellers, I provide reliable contact info, and I actively participate in 2-way communications until we reach an agreement (buy, sell, pass, meet somewhere specific, etc.).

There's this marvelous invention called the telephone. Stand me up and waste my time/gas for no good reason? I don't care if you try to wave a stack of crisp twenties under my nose later. You're dead to me.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR