JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can just imagine the conversation...

"Hey guys, want to go hunting?"
"Ok, but only if we can do it as illegally and unethically as possible."
"Sounds good, let's go!"

Sent from my phone; typos likely.

It would be interesting to fallow this case through sentencing.

It was such a flagrant and repetitive act that they should get
the maximum sentence. I would also watch to see who the judge
is. If this turns into just a "Slap on the Wrists". When are your judiciary
elections coming up?

Jack...:s0155:

They just shot the deer and left everything there? Didn't take anything? Sick creeps. Should get a year for this and the $6,250 fine, both.

These idiots are no better than the lowlifes that were driving around Battleground shooting outdoor housecats/pets.

At least the authorities were vigilant enough to catch these guys. But if they aren't punished severely they'll be right back at it.

So, I was flipping through the regs and got an idea for a game. Let's play "what could they have done even worse?" (I think it's gonna be a short list seeing as how they already have a) legal: poaching, vandalization, trespassing, hunting out of season, hunting after dark, and hunting from a vehicle; and b) ethical: wasting meat, mutilating carcasses, indiscriminate killing, uncontrolled killing of a managed species, and several of the entries under the legal section also count as ethical violations. Stop me if I missed anything.) Hope they throw the book at them.

Here's my entry: They could have used a full-auto .17hmr with a 10 round mag.

This is very disturbing a step up to serial killers really (I watch Criminal Minds, so I know lol) Just can not believe they even got out the truck to go cut some of there heads off very sadistic Im sure 1 of the 3 will end up the next bundy or Manson......Didnt even take any of the meat or racks not that it would justify their crimes but ethically how could someone not just waste but mutilate their corpes just terrible they should just lock them up and throw away the key now and save the trouble later on down the road when its a pile of human remains they find from these scumbags. Just sickening. These are 3 people that have no business carrying firearms hope they LOSE that right they most definatly deserve it AND then SOME

they should loose the vehicles involved and all hunting equipment to include rifles ammo knives maps flashlites everything. Be made to pay restitution for each animal at the going rate (the state has a chart) then they should loose all hunting and fishing rights for a min of 5 years (ten to life would be better) and they should have to do 1000 hours of community service improving deer habitat for each animal. 3 years supervised probation.

IHMO

they should loose the vehicles involved and all hunting equipment to include rifles ammo knives maps flashlites everything. Be made to pay restitution for each animal at the going rate (the state has a chart) then they should loose all hunting and fishing rights for a min of 5 years (ten to life would be better) and they should have to do 1000 hours of community service improving deer habitat for each animal. 3 years supervised probation.

IHMO

While I agree that those penalties sound reasonable, I feel it bears mention that not being allowed to hunt didn't stop them before.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top