JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Happy Thursday afternoon all. It's a quiet day for me and I thought I would ask the minds of folks here what they would pick if they could only pick 2, that can be the same options or not. With all items assembled from just a lower receiver.

-Pistol
-Rifle
-SBR

I currently have 2 lower receivers purchased as such and currently configured as pistols (10.5, 12.5). I don't have the desire to buy/store a bunch of lowers/firearms, but am open to diversifying with uppers.
That being said I'm thinking about doing a form 1 for one of my lowers into an SBR, and keeping the other lower configured as a pistol. My thought process is that on the SBR, I can put any upper I want on it, and the pistol configuration as well for traveling, etc.

Let's discuss.

Keep in pistol form, IE keep the brace on it, and put whatever upper you want on it. Yes, even a 24" barrel on a pistol, is still a pistol.

If you want a stock. File 1 as an SBR, keep the other as a pistol.

Happy Thursday afternoon all. It's a quiet day for me and I thought I would ask the minds of folks here what they would pick if they could only pick 2, that can be the same options or not. With all items assembled from just a lower receiver.

-Pistol
-Rifle
-SBR

I currently have 2 lower receivers purchased as such and currently configured as pistols (10.5, 12.5). I don't have the desire to buy/store a bunch of lowers/firearms, but am open to diversifying with uppers.
That being said I'm thinking about doing a form 1 for one of my lowers into an SBR, and keeping the other lower configured as a pistol. My thought process is that on the SBR, I can put any upper I want on it, and the pistol configuration as well for traveling, etc.

Let's discuss.
SBR and rifle. Personally not a fan of the brace/pistol configuration. Although I would register one as a pistol. Cause that can be built into a rifle or a pistol. But personally I would build the non SBR into a rifle. Registering it as a pistol gives you flexibility to bounce back and forth as of right now. If that makes any sense…. Haha

Last Edited:
One as pistol, one as rifle.

A pistol because there are restrictions related to transporting a rifle or SBR loaded in WA that do not apply to pistols. This gives you the option to have a compact but powerful firearm lawfully at ready in a theoretical high-threat situation (social unrest, etc.).

Rifle because the pistol covers basically the same use case as the SBR without the tax stamp cost, paperwork, and wait time. Besides, there are definite advantages to longer barrels, both for accuracy at distance and terminal ballistics.

Pistol and SBR…
Reason why is the pistol can be loaded and in the vehicle but SBR for the second one because if they ever change the rules then you are covered. Explain it this way… ban/cancel whatever with braces then you will be ahead of the pack that rush to get their stuff registered as SBR. And if you wanted… why not just get a Bren2 pistol? Who cares then about braces?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top