JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
FYI:
I like these new rules in Arizona

Yesterday, the Senate Judiciary Committee passed two NRA-backed pro-hunting bills. By a 6 to 2 vote, the committee gave “do pass” recommendations to both House Bill 2728, hunting with suppressors legislation, and House Bill 2640, legislation to eliminate magazine capacity restrictions when hunting

Enactment of HB 2728, introduced by state Representative David Gowan (R-30), would allow hunters in Arizona to use lawfully-possessed suppressors (also referred to as silencers) on firearms for hunting. Still need to bet the license

HB 2640, introduced by state Representative Jerry Weiers (R-12) eliminates limits or restrictions on the magazine capacity of any authorized firearm for the use of taking wildlife. The ability to hunt with any authorized firearm, regardless of its capacity, will allow more hunters to enter the field while preventing them from having to purchase additional, smaller-capacity magazines. In addition, increased magazine size has become essential for self-defense while in remote areas because of the increased presence of drug smugglers and criminals on Arizona’s hunting lands. Hunters should not be prohibited from adequately defending themselves and HB 2640 would solve this growing problem

As of yet there is no law against it in WA

You are slightly wrong about what was just approved. They have been legal to own for a long time in WA. The only thing that changed was the poor wording that use to make it a gross misdemeanor to use them.

I did some checking since I thought it was illegal in Oregon.

IN Arizona they made it definitive - Yes you can use it.
Just as they made it definitiove that you can take a handgun / concealed weapon or open carry hunting for self defense ( Pesky illegals and pot farms)

In Oregon - As I understand it - NOthing on the Books. So that creates murkiness.

However there is a population of LEO who believe it is illegal , others who are not sure, and a nother group that knows it is OK ( No laws not being able to use it). Many believe you are using it too poach animals.

So I guess it depends on how much hassle you want to go through.

What I was able to determine is that people in states with no odefined law better get their act together before someone decides to create a law taking it away.

Can't find it,or they took the complete video off,but there is a cool one on YouTube where they drop 4 out of 6 yotes with a suppressed AR before the last 2 figured out what was happening.
It was New Mexico I believe

In Oregon - As I understand it - NOthing on the Books. So that creates murkiness.

Sounds pretty straight forward to me. There is no murkiness. Laws are not written to say "yes XXXX is legal" or it would be a never ending book. Law are written to say "XXXX is illegal and the punishment is XXXX". For an LEO to charge you with a crime they have to state the law (ORS, WAC, RCW, ect) you are breaking. If there is no law, then there is nothing for you to break which means it is legal...........

I would love to have one but the $300 tax stamp 6 month wait and the price of the suppressor is just too much.

Well it is only a $200 tax stamp and that is a personal decision. Sure I would like to not have to pay but it has not stopped me from owning several. The increased enjoyment is worth it to me.

At one point I thought I would just need one but it was not enough. Also if you think that cost is too much dont ever shoot one. Many people who have said the same thing to me and shot mine has gone out and bought their own.

sadiesassy - Cool - so now you can use your suppressor with any capacity magazines for hunting.... Sounds like an ideal time for a Coyote hunt! Just out of curiosity is it a separate tag for mules, is it open season, and what's the bag limit? :s0112:

I here with a silencer and being south of I-8 and I-10 could put you in primre territory:s0114:
However, I hear they are pretty good at the 10K run and obstacle course - so it may be physically challenging;)
But do know several people who have found themselves in situations where self defense capability was required

WA RCW 9.41.250 says it is a gross misdemeanor to use a device to suppress the noise of a firearm. Bill 1016-2011 just inserted a sentence that said "unless the suppressor is legally registered and possessed in accordance with federal law".

RCW 9.41.250: Dangerous weapons

The current wait is about 4 months now, I expect it to take longer in the future. Silencers are cheap if you have a lathe and a pulse. I make my own for about $40 in material plus the $200 tax for each. This is less than the cost of ammo for my guns each year.

Ranb

WA RCW 9.41.250 says it is a gross misdemeanor to use a device to suppress the noise of a firearm. Bill 1016-2011 just inserted a sentence that said "unless the suppressor is legally registered and possessed in accordance with federal law".

RCW 9.41.250: Dangerous weapons

The current wait is about 4 months now, I expect it to take longer in the future. Silencers are cheap if you have a lathe and a pulse. I make my own for about $40 in material plus the $200 tax for each. This is less than the cost of ammo for my guns each year.

Ranb

I hadn't considered building my own. Same rules as building a gun - all's well as long as you don't sell or give it to anyone?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top