JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can bring spare 5+, 30 round loaded mags, at least in Oregon, just don't have them in the rifle until you need to use them. I got this straight from a State Police officer that does the illegal hunting decoy stings, but YMMV and I accept no responsibility if you have troubles. ;)

You Sir, are Correct... You get a prize... A link for people to follow :)

ODFW Hunting Big Game

Long story short, ODFW can regulate the gun you are hunting with. But that is it, your allowed to carry any other firearm/ammo/etc, etc. that you would otherwise legally be allowed to carry.

I've been driving to a claim staking job when I heard on the news that BLM employees had been held hostage by Mexican pot growers in the same drainage I would be working. Something like that changes your habits from 'hiker' to something resembling 'stalker'. Rather than look for the easiest way down the mountain, I was scanning the area for lush green and movement. Carried more ammo than usual and sent more Spot Messenger signals too.

Like dry walling or roofing and other highly paid construction jobs? Haven't seen a native English speaker in one of these jobs for many years.

I had a roommate in college who financed his college education dry walling, and a darn good income doing it.
Another roommate started a window washing business that grew into apartment cleaning and painting.
They didn't have to speak Spanish, use illegal ID or false social security IDs.

I was talking about this the other day with a friend...by coincidence. When I hiked the marbles up by humbolt county in CA I was told there are 8 grizzly bears per square mile but the biggest danger in the woods is pot growers. That got me thinking, I wonder what I pot grower would think when he see's me, a hunter with my AR out in the woods oppposed to a hunter carrying a traditional hunting rifle. I bet he would think he is under attack by rippers and may shoot us before we even made contact...

Just a thought...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top