JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Interesting ;)

U.S. Gun Owners Outnumbered Hunters by 5 to 1 in 2011 | CNS News
(CNSNews.com) -- In 2011, gun owners in the United States outnumbered hunters by 5 to 1.

There were 13.7 million hunters in the United States over age 16 -- 12.7 million of whom used rifles, shotguns or handguns for hunting, according to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

That means hunters constituted only 15.9 to 18.1 percent of the estimated 70-80 million gun owners in the U.S. in 2011 -- the latest year for which statistics are available.

Pops

Shouldn't be the surprising since the 2A has NOTHING to do with hunting even though the .gov keeps saying they will not "take our hunting rifles"..........

Shouldn't be the surprising since the 2A has NOTHING to do with hunting even though the .gov keeps saying they will not "take our hunting rifles"..........
I always roll my eyes when I hear a politician say they're not against the 2A because they support hunters or some drivel like that.

Happy to be both!

Guess you can say when it comes to guns and hunting im bi! Swing both ways.:)
Let that fun begin! Lol.

Hunting has by far and large become smaller and smaller. Seasons are short and heavly controled and what area you can hunt is usually crowded.
When I moved down here couple years ago I have almost given up hunting as its just not worth it or fun here.
A lot of kids are now raised with out ever knowing a hunt..

But guns and shooting are growing in popularity! As more and more learn the fun and enjoyment of it.

I predict it wont be long before those numbers spread even further.

The 2nd was never, has never and will never be about hunting!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top