JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
from growing up in Alaska I found the bigger halibut actually have a more "gamey/fishy" taste to them... the best ones are in the 50-75lb range (younger), but still thats a yuuuggggge fish! talk about feeding a village!

Logan

Smaller are tastier for sure. Friend of mine who operates a charter boat caught a little 96 pounder and figured he had his winter fish. He said three 30 pounders would of been better! Best tasting fish IMO, surgeon a close second.

I'd gladly hand you the rod:p

Same here edslhead, my back hurts just thinking of being parked on a rod & reel for an hour. The 150# Marlin I caught (with help from two others on board) in Hawaii in 2010 put me in traction for 2 days!!!!
The Team resized.JPG

Same here edslhead, my back hurts just thinking of being parked on a rod & reel for an hour. The 150# Marlin I caught (with help from two others on board) in Hawaii in 2010 put me in traction for 2 days!!!!
View attachment 308514
That does look like fun though! Nice fish. I struck out in HI, just a dogie an a dolphin. We got an 84 ld halibut at the rock pile once and I was glad I wasn't the one hooked it:D

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top