JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
from growing up in Alaska I found the bigger halibut actually have a more "gamey/fishy" taste to them... the best ones are in the 50-75lb range (younger), but still thats a yuuuggggge fish! talk about feeding a village!

Logan

Smaller are tastier for sure. Friend of mine who operates a charter boat caught a little 96 pounder and figured he had his winter fish. He said three 30 pounders would of been better! Best tasting fish IMO, surgeon a close second.

I'd gladly hand you the rod:p

Same here edslhead, my back hurts just thinking of being parked on a rod & reel for an hour. The 150# Marlin I caught (with help from two others on board) in Hawaii in 2010 put me in traction for 2 days!!!!
The Team resized.JPG

Same here edslhead, my back hurts just thinking of being parked on a rod & reel for an hour. The 150# Marlin I caught (with help from two others on board) in Hawaii in 2010 put me in traction for 2 days!!!!
View attachment 308514
That does look like fun though! Nice fish. I struck out in HI, just a dogie an a dolphin. We got an 84 ld halibut at the rock pile once and I was glad I wasn't the one hooked it:D

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads