JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Probably in a bad way, if these poll numbers are anywhere close to being accurate.

PH-2014-10-latino-voters-2014-midterm-election-02-02.png

Source: Latinos' Views on Marijuana, Gun Control, Abortion and Minimum Wage

So..... It's pretty much white people that like guns as a majority? Guess guns are racist, now. Sexist, too. Oh, and ageist cause old people can't load magazines :rolleyes:.

My personal experience with Mexicans, and I do mean those with citizenship to a country called Mexico, is that they enjoy gun ownership. Granted, I don't know any more than a half dozen, but still.... Numbers affect results

Pretty small sample size, 169 registered "Hispanics of all races"(?) voters.
Sample taken from where? CA or WY? NYC or Abilene?

Polls mean less and less every day
True but I haven't found polls that show the opposite views among hispanics.

Here are some articles discussing some different results:

True but I haven't found polls that show the opposite views among hispanics.

Here are some articles discussing some different results:

I haven't either, but I also don't generally care much about polls. Not saying that you do (or don't), but they have the same effect on my opinions as when some stalwart party luminary is quoted:0.
Like, "Even Ronald Regan wanted an assault weapon ban". Yeah? So what?

The first article cited was written a few short mos after the Sandy Hook massacre (3/2013) and the second was in early 2018 while the whole March For Our Lives show was being orchestrated after Parkland FL and 4-5 mos after Las Vegas. Those terrible events (and others) tend to skew people's opinions. Sometimes it's permanent, often it's temporary while the emotions are still raw.

The Pew poll in the OP appears to have been conducted in 2014. It may be 100% accurate, who knows? What we do know for sure is that activist-groups skew polls to confirm their agenda and bury the results when they don't.

Last Edited:
My personal experience with Mexicans, and I do mean those with citizenship to a country called Mexico, is that they enjoy gun ownership. Granted, I don't know any more than a half dozen, but still.... Numbers affect results

The Hispanic citizens of USA mostly belong to the party of gun-control???

It seems in Mexico at least that gun restrictions have been tolerated for a long time (except by the cartels). I just wondered if they will have a significant impact on gun control laws being passed here as their percentage of the population grows.

Gun control polls are not to be believed.

In fact, no polls are to be believed.

Remember the poll that hillary was going to win by a landslide?

Yeah, that one...polls = bogus to the max.

Is there other more reliable evidence that would suggest that a large majority of hispanics are strong supporters of gun rights?

My personal experience with Mexicans, and I do mean those with citizenship to a country called Mexico, is that they enjoy gun ownership.

That is my experience as well.

I don't believe the poll. Hispanic immigrants are by and large Catholic, family oriented, and many of them are outdoorsmen. IMO, that's not the profile of an AWB supporter. They may be saying one thing to a pollster but voting differently with their dollars. Especially if they're here illegally, and they don't want to draw any unwanted attention.

Hispanics born here are brainwashed by the same propoganda that every other kid is. The "born here" numbers shouldn't even count.

My guess is the poll is probably about right. The vast majority of immigrants from all places are for gun control, nanny-state government control is what they know and are comfortable with. They are not familiar with 'Murican culture, and are changing it for the worse. Significant exceptions can be found in people from communist nations - they've lived the nightmare leftists in our country are pushing us towards and they want no part of it.

My guess is the poll is probably about right. The vast majority of immigrants from all places are for gun control, nanny-state government control is what they know and are comfortable with. They are not familiar with 'Murican culture, and are changing it for the worse. Significant exceptions can be found in people from communist nations - they've lived the nightmare leftists in our country are pushing us towards and they want no part of it.
I am guessing the polls are not far off. We could look at who they vote for in elections and if the people they help elect are anti-gun that will give us a clue.

I am guessing the polls are not far off. We could look at who they vote for in elections and if the people they help elect are anti-gun that will give us a clue.

We know with 100% certainty who they help elect; it isn't a secret. Which party fights tooth and nail, and will go to any length no matter how destructive to the nation to allow unlimited immigration, provide amnesty to non-citizens, lie 24/7/365 about conditions on the border, etc? The immigrants are not all the same, some have enough brains to know better, but not enough of them. It really isn't their fault and it's not because they are bad people, most are good people - they just know nothing about our nation, history, economics, etc - and saddest of all a huge percentage of people who were born and educated here are just as ignorant and vote the same way! :(

Last Edited:

Reflexively disbelieving all polls probably makes about as much sense as reflexively believing all polls. To paraphrase G. E. P. Box: All polls are wrong but some are useful.

Last Edited:
That is my experience as well.

I don't believe the poll. Hispanic immigrants are by and large Catholic, family oriented, and many of them are outdoorsmen. IMO, that's not the profile of an AWB supporter. They may be saying one thing to a pollster but voting differently with their dollars. Especially if they're here illegally, and they don't want to draw any unwanted attention.

Hispanics born here are brainwashed by the same propoganda that every other kid is. The "born here" numbers shouldn't even count.
This has been my experience as well! EVERY Hispanic I have known personally, were avid outdoorsmen, highly in tune with nature and fervently opposed to anything that limited their self reliance or their hunting and fishing rights! All are god fearing men ( and women too) were raised with core family values, and they actually pass on their cultural heritage to all who would like to learn it! With out exception, EVERY one of them are also very strong 2nd supporters, very conservative, and VERY proud of their Citizenship! Many of those Men I had the honor, privilege, and pleasure to serve with, and I was ALWAYS treated like family when in their homes! I have hunted with several of them, and I trust them with my life! They are in many ways MORE American then a lot of Americans claim to be!
I also noted almost exclusively across the board, the ONE rifle they All own is a Winchester Mod-94 .30/30 and ether a Colt ( real or new replica) Peacemaker in .45 Colt, it's like THE symbol of gun ownership and a great amount of pride, and very much Americana! When they learn i'm a hunter and a gun junky, out comes the family 94 and the broad beaming smile that goes hand in hand with it! I don't care who you are, you gotta love a man that carries a 94 and knows how to use it!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top