JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Imagine this: You're in a church, or a school, or a concert, or a movie theater, and you hear gunshots. The next thing you know, you wake up in a hospital bed. You learn that you're a survivor of a mass shooting, and that doctors spent hours removing bullets from your body. Soon, you'll discover that the health care you've received so far will cost you thousands of dollars out of pocket, and that you've incurred injuries that will require pricey lifetime treatment. You then hear the details of the shooting. The gun that nearly killed you was an assault weapon marketed to civilians for its military-grade performance, it was designed to shoot many people in a brief amount of time, and its manufacturer supplied the weapon to a dealer notorious for selling firearms illegally.

Under centuries-old theories of liability, you should be allowed to sue both the manufacturer and the dealer for torts like negligence and public nuisance. You could then use that money to pay your medical bills. If you are hurt by a car or a prescription drug, after all, you are typically allowed to sue for damages. But thanks to a law called the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, you have no legal remedy if you are hurt by a gun. In passing that law in 2005, Congress granted gun dealers and manufacturers legal immunity in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and every U.S. territory. No other industry receives this privilege: Firearms are the only consumer products that receive federal immunity from tort liability.

A Special Tax on the Firearm Industry Is the Only Way to Make Victims of Gun Violence Whole

Well if this were to come about we should be allowed to sue car makers for accidents when we misuse their vehicles? A special tax on auto makers?

Looking into that website " JURISPRUDENCE THE LAW, LAWYERS, AND THE COURT. " It's crazy how many people there are now that "BLOG", or whatever the hell you want to call it, and all it is is someones opinion. And people line up behind them, and link them, so they can have some one to follow around saying "HELL YEAH!!" Don't people have lives anymore?

Well, can't argue with that. First 2 words of the article was all I needed to see. When you live in imagination land I'm sure it makes perfect sense.
The comparison to being able to recover from auto manufacturers is a fallacy. If your Hyundai spontaneously explodes you should be able to sue the manufacturer for the defect that caused your injuries. If someone runs you over with a Hyundai how is that the manufacturer's fault? It's not. You sue the driver.
To parallel, if G-money loses a finger when his gat explodes in his hand, he can certainly bring action against HiPoint. However, if G-money shoots Upgrayedd in his pimp hand, how is that HiPoint's fault? It's not.
Now, if so called gun violence statistics include accidents and suicides, does that mean the firearms industry should pay some dumba$$ who manages to blow his own wankus off because he didn't check to see that his weapon was clear when he was cleaning it?
So tired of this "common sense" logic. Why is it impossible to hold people accountable for bad acting instead of blaming an object?

If the Courts would treat DWI drivers like drug dealers and take their car and whatever else they had when they were stopped then some drivers "Might" get the idea that drinking and driving wasn't such a good idea. The Problem with that is a whole lot of Judges would have to Walk to work!!!:p:rolleyes::p

Well, if they want a special tax on the medium employed in the exercise of Second Amendment Rights, then we should treat all Constitutional Rights equally... Tax the medium employed to exercise any Constitutional Right, including and especially the First Amendment Rights...

Or, perhaps they're just looking to spark a revolt....

The author is completely f.o.s.; The firearms industry can be sued for defective products. It's not negligence when your product is used in an illegal act.

If someone beats me senseless with a candy cane was it the candy makers fault? If I get too fat is it the candy makers or the candy stores fault?

I say anytime a mass shooting takes place victims should ask Diane Feinstein and friends why they left Americans so vulnerable for all these decades being lead to believe a piece of paper would keep them safe. Last time I checked a piece of paper isn't bullet proof.

Imagine if so called crazy people belived there might be staff at schools, patrons at theaters, ect with guns. If they just believed it, how many less shootings there would be.

If someone beats me senseless with a candy cane was it the candy makers fault? If I get too fat is it the candy makers or the candy stores fault?

I say anytime a mass shooting takes place victims should ask Diane Feinstein and friends why they left Americans so vulnerable for all these decades being lead to believe a piece of paper would keep them safe. Last time I checked a piece of paper isn't bullet proof.

Imagine if so called crazy people belived there might be staff at schools, patrons at theaters, ect with guns. If they just believed it, how many less shootings there would be.
This ^^^

We need to turn it back on them and ask why we are not allowed to protect ourselves wherever we go, whatever we do...

Hold the liberals and those democrats that endorse additional gun control, responsible... Take the offensive against them, demanding "common sense" action, slowing Americans the unprohibited ability to protect themselves as well as their loved ones...

Why Nancy? Why Diane? Why Chuck? Why Ron? Why Floyd? Each and every one of them are accountable for each and every mass shooting in America. They need to be put on the defensive, time to take charge and turn the tide against them...

I still like my idea of taxing legislation, each sponsor being assessed a dollar per word in the bill at introduction and each Aye vote a dollar for each word in the final "Passed Chamber" version... and the Governor a dollar per word in each bill signed into law. Regulatory agency heads, a dollar per word in each new regulation their agencies issue.

I still like my idea of taxing legislation, each sponsor being assessed a dollar per word in the bill at introduction and each Aye vote a dollar for each word in the final "Passed Chamber" version... and the Governor a dollar per word in each bill signed into law. Regulatory agency heads, a dollar per word in each new regulation their agencies issue.
I'm sure that will happen right after they pass a term limits bill.

Well if this were to come about we should be allowed to sue car makers for accidents when we misuse their vehicles? A special tax on auto makers?

Well, this has essentially been proposed: Opinion: We Should Ban Cars From Big Cities. Seriously.

Must ban all the things. maxresdefault.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads