JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
The amount of 'for sale' posts has increased significantly, to over half of the new posts when I sign on. I poked around on the website and did not find anything on point, so I ask the question: is there a way to filter out the 'for sale' posts when I view the new posts to the forums? Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Unfortunately there isn't a way right now, it'd require custom development and we're low on funds.

It is on the list though, and near the top, so hopefully we can get it done sooner rather than later.

Edit: In the meantime you can click the Summary tab just to the left of the New Posts tab. It doesn't have any filter options but it does remove the classified ads.

Upvote 0
Joe,

There's no 'Summary tab' to the left of the New Posts tab on my screen...or I'm doing something wrong.

I reduced my screen size to see if that was it and it wasn't...

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Summary.PNG

@MannyGlocks

Upvote 0
Edit: In the meantime you can click the Summary tab just to the left of the New Posts tab. It doesn't have any filter options but it does remove the classified ads.

Tried that but it only shows ten threads. When you click on 'View More' at the bottom, you're right back to the New Posts with all the classified sales.

I've tried ignoring a bunch of folks that do little more than post items to sell [over 200 now on my ignore list] but it doesn't seem to do much good. Viewing the New Posts just now, 66 of 129 [51%] were classified ads plus another 6 WTB postings - and that despite all the ignoring I'm doing!

Upvote 0
Tried that but it only shows ten threads. When you click on 'View More' at the bottom, you're right back to the New Posts with all the classified sales.

I've tried ignoring a bunch of folks that do little more than post items to sell [over 200 now on my ignore list] but it doesn't seem to do much good. Viewing the New Posts just now, 66 of 129 [51%] were classified ads plus another 6 WTB postings - and that despite all the ignoring I'm doing!

Good catch, I'll take a look when I have a chance.

Upvote 0
I appreciate all the work that's been done, but I too am waiting for a way to see newly-updated topics, minus classifieds.

"Summary" doesn't seem to really be a "New without classifieds" option, but would be useable as long as the "view more" button worked. And it doesn't look like "Summary" takes into account what I've read already like "New" does.

Thanks...

Upvote 0
I appreciate all the work that's been done, but I too am waiting for a way to see newly-updated topics, minus classifieds.

"Summary" doesn't seem to really be a "New without classifieds" option, but would be useable as long as the "view more" button worked. And it doesn't look like "Summary" takes into account what I've read already like "New" does.

Thanks...

Still trying to come up with a solution to this. That whole 'new' system is quite complex :(

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads