JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had to go from the east end of county to the far west end for work. Have a nice old Liberty that has snow tires works great. Left that for Wife in case, and took this old beast I named Gretchen. Only keep her as an emergency vehicle. This is the first time I got to try the AT tires on ice and snow. Driving in 4WD it got me to work and back. It was not for the faint of heart. Drive in lots of traffic. Most smart enough to be going about 35 on all 3 freeways since you had to guess where the lines were. Way in lots of idiots in the ditch or spun out from trying to pass. Way home there was only a handful. I got behind a Tractor Trailer rig going about 30 and let him set the pace. The :30 drive took over an hour but that was fine with me. Toasty warm, good music, and got home safe so I was fine. Each fool I passed on the side of the road or the ditch was no doubt there a long while waiting for next available tow. Common sense is in short supply these days. :)

Gretchen.jpg

Step 1: Rwd Ford ranger... Check!
Step 2: Don't buy Z-super chains!
Step 3: Zip ties lots of zip ties :rolleyes::D
Step 4: No weight in the bed...

Dumb Neighbor kid that got stuck in my front yard :rolleyes:

0486C1EE-5428-4CFE-840F-4434BFB051C4.jpeg

9DC49A4A-0131-42B8-88D0-751FD860A13E.jpeg

I learned to drive on snow and ice by sliding around the parking lot at the dog tracks out in Gresham with my brothers. We had VW bugs would head out there late at night when everyone was staying at home.

Around here it's the bro truck guys. I left my house this morning to go pick up a new to me trailer. At the end of my driveway I got passed by a Ram 3500 towing a flatbed with a Civic shell on it. 15 miles down the road I caught up to him...on his side...in the ditch..with the trailer disconnected...and the Civic shell off. He must have been making good time because when I got there a Jeep was already strapped up and trying to pull the Ram back on it's wheels. My humble AWD Vibe marched on unimpeded.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top