JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
George Phillips , an elderly man, from Meridian, Mississippi, was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.
He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?"
He said "No," but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me.
Then the police dispatcher said "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available."
George said, "Okay."
He hung up the phone and counted to 30.
Then he phoned the police again.

"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot them." and he hung up.

Within five minutes, six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence, and caught the burglars red-handed.
One of the Policemen said to George, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"
George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

(True Story) I LOVE IT!
Don't mess with old people
Live well, laugh often, love much!!! :s0155:

Unfortunately, that kind of BS is what it takes to get the overworked local LE to come to your aid in a timely manner. If you live out of town, well, then you better have some guns and take care of yourself.

Called the cops once because of a situation at a neighbor's, who was out of town. Cops were too busy to handle it. I, still on the phone with dispatch, hollered at the wife, "You grab the shotgun, I'll take the pistol" and then hung up.

Cops caught the perps loading up their truck with furniture and a gun safe. :D

Pops

This elderly man i know who lived out in between sherwood and new berg and his wife were asleep in bed when he heard someone one coming up the stairs

well there was no time to call the cops and being 80yrs old they would have been at the mercy of the crook in the house so he reached beside his bed and pulled old the old .38 and opened fire he heard the crook high tailing down the strairs and out the door

this was a true story told to me by the person who lived it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top