JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This question has continued to haunt my bank account for years. I have owned a number of 9mm handguns through the years, and I cannot keep one of them in the safe any longer than 6 months. I would like to purchase a nice 9mm to take and enjoy shooting while on the range.

I tend to migrate towards striker fire polymer framed pistols. And they all piss me off. Eventually I find that I dislike something about them, and away they go, problem is I keep buying another manufacturers striker fire. Glock (Bulky), Ruger (Balance), Smith & Wesson (Trigger is garbage), Springfield (I don't even know where to start).

I shot Berettas through most of my initial pistol years. I bubblegumed about them because they were sloppy, bulky, heavy, and ugly. I also remember them being extremely accurate. This is a direction that I am beginning to think I need to revisit.

I also owned a Sig 226. Problem was it was chambered in .357 Sig. You remember when that was supposed to be the next cartridge? The one that did away with 9mm. I fell for that line. Ended up with a gun that's best to be turned into a .40. So that one got moved down the line.

So, I've been contemplating walking down the CZ 75B or Sig 226 - 229 path. Any input?

CZ has a good reputation for quality firearms, then again so does Sig. HK has recently introduced the VP9 that is worth checking out also. Unfortunately, there is not a "best for everyone" 9mm, or any other caliber for that matter. Buy and try, rent or borrow from a friend are the options until you find the 9mm that is best for you.

Glock, Beretta & 9mm 1911 for full sized 9mm IMO. I shoot the best with those.

Not a fan of any others..

I should add:
I buy firearms where mags are plentiful and affordable.. Hence Glock and beretta.

& The 9mm 1911 is just because it's a 9mm 1911. :)

I have a Colt Lightweight Commander in 9mm. Love the gun, I am accurate with it. However it is a finicky S.O.B. I only have one mag, and it doesn't feed worth a darn. Finding an aftermarket Mag is a bear, and finding a Colt OEM mag is even more difficult. I do like the 1911 9mm though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Colt Lightweight Commander in 9mm. Love the gun, I am accurate with it. However it is a finicky S.O.B. I only have one mag, and it doesn't feed worth a darn. Finding an aftermarket Mag is a bear, and finding a Colt OEM mag is even more difficult. I do like the 1911 9mm though.

Well on that note, Glock 19. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bring them all to the range and when I get tired or sick of one, I start shooting another one.

Sounds like you might keep searching since there isnt a perfect one that just is great for everyone. I got a Grand power K100 on a whim and because it had a rotating barrel and I wanted to see how it worked. Turned out is the one I like shooting the best. Just sort of clicked. I was thinking I'd get bored of it and sell it pretty quickly but definitely not now.

My G19 is a little hard to conceal carry though

OZELGFy.jpg?1

Discussions like this are the same on car forums

"why would you want to new Scion FRS??? just get a 4 year old lexus and have a 100 more HP"

uhhh, because I dont want a 4 year old lexus? How does that even compare?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top