JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't believe it took until my post (#36 in thread) to have someone mention Kahr firearms.

I recently purchased a Kahr CW9. It is less than 1 inch wide, 7+1 single stack. I was going to get an Xds 9mm, but the trigger completely sucked, and I am not a trigger snob.

The Kahr has a much smoother trigger, and was almost $200 less than the XDs. It has been absolutely reliable right out of the box. Oddly enough, it feels better built than the Springer, and I am a Springer fan.

I plan on buying at least one more Kahr in 9mm in the future, either the CM9, or PM9(6+1, or 7+1 with extended mag)

Just another option for the OP
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is full of Kings and Queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell...........

I have two Kahr 45s.. for me these are usually BUGs, not a primary. But they are great little heaters

Yeah. I've come very close to buying them a few times. What I do have, though, is a Tristar C-100, a Turkish made clone of the CZ-75 Compact. Amazing little gun, actually made by Canik 55 in Turkey. Alloy framed, light as a feather, and just as well machined and accurate as the original CZ-75 Compact I once had. Lots of exceptional guns out there these days.

I've found that the High Power is the solution for people that like the idea of a 9mm 1911 but cannot stand the reality of it (that would be me).
I love the idea of it but the 4 times I've tried it none ever matched up to the high power I have and I just end up getting rid of them.

I've found that the High Power is the solution for people that like the idea of a 9mm 1911 but cannot stand the reality of it (that would be me).
I love the idea of it but the 4 times I've tried it none ever matched up to the high power I have and I just end up getting rid of them.
Have you tried an EAA/Tanfoglio/CZ?

I have several BHPs and love them, carried one in 9MM and 40 for 15+ years, but my new Witness Elite Match is a far superior weapon, not to mention it's a 10 MM

I have one of these that I find incorporates the best of the BHP and modern hi-cap 9mm pistols. It's the Browning BDM (Browning Double Action Mode). It's an ultra thin DA/SA hi-cap (15+1) 9mm decocker pistol that also has the unique feature of being able to be converted to DAO with just the rotation of a circular switch on the slide. I think it may be the thinnest 15+1 9mm ever made. Carries, handles, and shoots like a dream with a short (shoots from half-cock after decocking) and light DA trigger and a crisp almost 1911-like single action mode. Not sure why they included the DAO mode thing, but it works great. Only made for a brief while as an entrant into military trials but got caught up in the Clinton weapons ban and ended up going out of production. Mine is maybe in the best shape of any I've seen. And I've got the box and all the original paperwork.

35615311-32D6-457A-946E-54A7BDC452ED_zpsrzh6urcp.jpg

From what I read from the OP you are doing fine. Just look at all the cool guns you either now have or at least tried for a while. Good on you for finding the secret! Heck, I'm still shooting my old S&W 5904. I think I feel the need to start a quest as well. Good luck with your search.

Been through a few 9MMs too, so I'll add this:
Star B old and tired, none too accurate
RI 1911 Nice gun, better than it had any right to be.
S&W 952 $$$$ gun, not as accurate as the RI.
S&W 3913 Horrible trigger, double decockers,
Springfield XDM another horrible trigger, too big for carry.
After all that I'd given up on 9MM. Then a co-worker was in a cash bind and offered his Kahr T9.
This is finally THE ONE for me.
Trigger. Smooth pull like a good DA revolver.
Size. Not too big for carry.
No levers, buttons or other distractions.
No mag safety
Novak night sights
Being solid stainless steel, its surprisingly heavy for its size.
Remove the grips for cleaning and appreciate how simple it really is, especially compared to the S&W with its plethora of linkages, levers and cams.

kahr.jpg
Another choice would be a Colt Lightweight Defender, if the 1911 system suits you.

I have a few 9MM, i like them because ammo is affordable, its a good caliber, and its effective in my book. Also, I love the idea of more rocks to throw if I need too.
I too was in the Navy, so my first year we still used the 1911 but was transitioning to the Berretta M9. At first I hated it, I did not like the safety/decocker, i did not like the way it shot. It was lighter than the 1911 and it held more. In efforts to learn the platform, I bought one. After learning how to shoot it, and developed muscle memory to flick the safety, I loved it. It was accurate, it was fun to shot. (I still rotate my thumb to flick the safety on any hand gun even now) I still own that gun, it won't ever leave my safe.
I have a P226 M25 Sig, its the smoothest 9mm i have ever owned. It fits my hand, its a great gun.
I also have a G17. I bought a Glock to see what the hype was about. I shoot it ever once in a while, its dependable, it fires, the geometry on it is not the best for me because i started out with 1911's and the berretta, so i think if i learned first on a Glock, i would love it more.
I also have a M&P Shield which I dont love and a XDS that I actually like for carrying. both are good size for me when i CC.
But to your main question, any gun has to be a "fit". How will you use it, how will your draw with it, most of all, can you come up on target correctly with it. Thats why i don't love my Glock, I seem to elevate the nose of the gun.

I would say go to a Gun shop that has a lot to look at and browse the one that feels natural

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top