JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What are you shooting off of? I have been thinking about getting a lead sled to get me out of the rifles issues.

I personally wouldn't use a lead sled with my rifles. Its too hard on equipment and stocks..

I bought a Caldwell Led Sled Solo about a year ago. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I can shoot better without it. I also find it's awkward to use. I recommend you try somebody else's out before you buy one if you haven't already done so.

I figured this would be the right forum to post this thread, concerning how much you really shoot and then you have to prep that dang brass :p . Prepping brass is the worst. However it sure has gotten better than when I first started loading. I sure do love my Frankford aresnal prep center. It takes a lot of the work out of it. The reason for starting this thread is because I keep busy with hand loading. I guess you can say my favorite hobby is punching paper with my rifles. I don't really want to say my second favorite hobby is hand loading, because I'd be lying. Ha ha. Anyhow, at the end of every weekend, I have this big pile of brass I have to contend with. I always tell myself I should take a picture of that pile and ask you guys how much you shoot. Generally I shoot around 300 rounds of ammo through my centerfire rifles. Part of that is at centerfire shoots, but most of it is casual paper punching. A lot of you guys know I like shooting those 10 shot groups. Those 10 shot groups really add up at the end of the weekend:
View attachment 604413

View attachment 604414

It looks like a small pile of brass, but im guessing there is a little over 200 pieces of 6.5 creedmoor in that pile. I also found some range pickup lastnight when I was at the range. Like I've said before, why buy .223 rem brass, when you can find it laying all over the place. This stuff was pretty clean, so I snagged it..
View attachment 604415

How about you guys, how much do you really shoot?
3000-5000 per year all types. Lots of revolver stuff these days. I don't compete it's just for fun and scientific curiosity. Within published data of course;). Mostlyo_O.

I don't shoot a lot of pistol so not as many as some of you guys but I shoot a fair amount of rifle. Depending on weather and work, I try to shoot once a week. Mostly centerfire but since I got my 22 can, I have been shooting a lot more rimfire.

I am also lucky that I have access/have built my own ranges on private ground.

Generally, its about 25 practice rounds a week with one of my flintlocks (rifle or pistol). Monthly club shoot is 35 rounds (25 rifle, 10 pistol). Since I got my 20 ga flint double in April, I've been trying to learn that particular piece, doing 26 rounds on the 5 stand every week, followed by 2 rounds of skeet (50 shots) with the .410 suppository O/U just to keep my hand with the cartridge guns. Bird season is coming up fast.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top