JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What are you shooting off of? I have been thinking about getting a lead sled to get me out of the rifles issues.

I personally wouldn't use a lead sled with my rifles. Its too hard on equipment and stocks..

I bought a Caldwell Led Sled Solo about a year ago. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I can shoot better without it. I also find it's awkward to use. I recommend you try somebody else's out before you buy one if you haven't already done so.

I figured this would be the right forum to post this thread, concerning how much you really shoot and then you have to prep that dang brass :p . Prepping brass is the worst. However it sure has gotten better than when I first started loading. I sure do love my Frankford aresnal prep center. It takes a lot of the work out of it. The reason for starting this thread is because I keep busy with hand loading. I guess you can say my favorite hobby is punching paper with my rifles. I don't really want to say my second favorite hobby is hand loading, because I'd be lying. Ha ha. Anyhow, at the end of every weekend, I have this big pile of brass I have to contend with. I always tell myself I should take a picture of that pile and ask you guys how much you shoot. Generally I shoot around 300 rounds of ammo through my centerfire rifles. Part of that is at centerfire shoots, but most of it is casual paper punching. A lot of you guys know I like shooting those 10 shot groups. Those 10 shot groups really add up at the end of the weekend:
View attachment 604413

View attachment 604414

It looks like a small pile of brass, but im guessing there is a little over 200 pieces of 6.5 creedmoor in that pile. I also found some range pickup lastnight when I was at the range. Like I've said before, why buy .223 rem brass, when you can find it laying all over the place. This stuff was pretty clean, so I snagged it..
View attachment 604415

How about you guys, how much do you really shoot?
3000-5000 per year all types. Lots of revolver stuff these days. I don't compete it's just for fun and scientific curiosity. Within published data of course;). Mostlyo_O.

I don't shoot a lot of pistol so not as many as some of you guys but I shoot a fair amount of rifle. Depending on weather and work, I try to shoot once a week. Mostly centerfire but since I got my 22 can, I have been shooting a lot more rimfire.

I am also lucky that I have access/have built my own ranges on private ground.

Generally, its about 25 practice rounds a week with one of my flintlocks (rifle or pistol). Monthly club shoot is 35 rounds (25 rifle, 10 pistol). Since I got my 20 ga flint double in April, I've been trying to learn that particular piece, doing 26 rounds on the 5 stand every week, followed by 2 rounds of skeet (50 shots) with the .410 suppository O/U just to keep my hand with the cartridge guns. Bird season is coming up fast.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top