JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pretty good sentence here:
A whole series of columns will follow detailing why we decided to bail on Oregon, but suffice it to say that the kids needed real school, our entire family needed relief from pandemic fascism, and we have grown weary of big-city life.
My kids as well as the children of colleagues all talk about what a joke schooling is during the pandemic. Portland Public Schools were a joke even before it hit.
Sorry to break it to the author, but Portland is decidedly NOT "big-city" life.

Put in my renewal papers 60 days early to allow for major delays. My new CHL arrived 4 days after I mailed off the application (Lane County).

Holly big cow balls that's insane! My friends going to get his CPL again here in Washington after letting his expire I'll have to see how long of a process it is.
Im ready to move, except that I have split custody with kids.

No surprise there. I mailed my paperwork mid October. They gave me am appointment to get my photo and prints for late February. At that appointment they told me 45 days. On day 55 I called and was told they were still processing applications for late January and I won't get my permit until the end of May. So.. if they aren't lying about that it will have taken over 8 months for my permit.

Last Edited:
Yikes. Washington County is much easier.
For now.

When we first moved here WaCo was primarily conservative at the commissioner level. It's since gone liberal.

I give it a few years before they infect the sheriffs office.

I got my CHL in Multnomah county and (years before 'Rona-fash) it was pretty easy and relatively quick. Not as quick-n-easy as my WA nonresident CPL, but still no hardship beyond the obvious constitutional issues.

Last year, when the writer's reality became my own ("Just another in the pile of reasons to move out of Multnomah County..."), l changed it to Umatilla county by mail... or maybe online... probably a combination, l don't really remember but again, pretty easy.

l also took steps to gain a nonresident Utah license, which arrived last week... again; pretty easy. I'll let the WA NR CPL expire and just keep OR and UT current from now on.

Writer-dude's gonna crap himself when he finds out his new OR CHL isn't honored in his new FL digs and it was all just a big waste of time and money. If he's already aware of that fact, he didn't mention it in the article.

And if it wasn't difficult and lengthy enough... Now fees have doubled!

So this thing (SB554) is over now? I mean besides "Lockdown Brown's" rubber stamp? When was the vote and why did Republicans let em hold it? I TOLD them it would cost them reelection... l guess they didn't read my letters.

The headline says the fee doubled but the copy says from $50 to $75...

Welll.... sheeeeee***it. Guess l gotta build a gun room now.

One more reason basic boating skills needs to be added to all CHL classes.

Screenshot_20210430-140454_Chrome.jpg

My take away from that article is that the author was expecting a CHL without going through a background check. He also was unrealistically expecting NOBODY else in MultCo to be applying for a CHL and so was surprised that there would be a line of people ahead of him waiting for their background check.

Neat to see how he tries to blame is unrealistic expectations on Portland being "blue". I'm betting his wife's name is Karen too.

Yes, to no short point, I'm saying this guy's throwing himself a little pity party and blaming his unrealistic expectations on everything but himself.

I got mine this week, 40 days later than the 45 days I was told when they took my prints. On the plus side they didn't take as long as I expected, once they missed the original date. (June)

What do you guys do at the scheduled appointment ? It's an interview of some kind ?
They use the time between you booking the appointment and your actual date to conduct a very deep background check. At the appointment, you'll take a polygraph about whatever dirt they dig up. You're a good guy, right?

J/K - you'll get fingerprinted and they print the card. Easy.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top