JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious how Moderators are chosen, how long they stay a Mod and is there a way to vote one in or out?

Hopefully, this topic doesn't go against the TOS where it says:
"Discussing infractions or issues with staff members in the open forum is prohibited.", as it is a general question about policy's and not aimed at anyone specific.

I'd guess Joe just chooses. It's his house. I think at least one of his selections could constitute an "egregious error," but nobody is perfect.

:)

I would say Joe's site and Joes' business. I'm just here to talk guns and read the joke thread:p
Anybody that took the time to create and maintain a site as complex as this one, shouldn't have to quantify the workings of it for everyone. Just be glad it works:D

I would say Joe's site and Joes' business. I'm just here to talk guns and read the joke thread:p
Anybody that took the time to create and maintain a site as complex as this one, shouldn't have to quantify the workings of it for everyone. Just be glad it works:D

Never intended to insinuate I wasn't happy or appreciative of Joe L. and his staff.

I am very fond of this site and the community here.

Most are well known/respected members. At least one I have met personally, while another I'd like to meet at some point. There is one/two that are firearm instructors.

Slow to wrath, slow to anger. I know I'm not moderator material, I've had my jabs a few times with members.

Most are well known/respected members. At least one I have met personally, while another I'd like to meet at some point. There is one/two that are firearm instructors.

Slow to wrath, slow to anger. I know I'm not moderator material, I've had my jabs a few times with members.

Glad you said that, DYJ. In no sense of meanness, when I read the title, I thought probably one of the criteria was don't be you!;)

Same same here. I have modded sites but its a thankless job and limits what you can say depending on the site.

Personally, aside from all the great folks on here, the reason I enjoy this site is that I don't feel like I have to pretend to be someone I'm not; unfortunately, that means calling people out at times on BS and sometimes making enemies of people I barely know. I've made more friends though;)

At least when you see I've posted something, you can know I believed what I was saying when I typed it (unless its jibber ish and then I blame spell checker/correctors).

Just curious how Moderators are chosen, how long they stay a Mod and is there a way to vote one in or out?

Hopefully, this topic doesn't go against the TOS where it says:
"Discussing infractions or issues with staff members in the open forum is prohibited.", as it is a general question about policy's and not aimed at anyone specific.
It has been a month now and still no definitive answer!
This seems rather disappointing.
I had no interest until you asked the question.
Now I am, (your fault Joe) but only because I'm the curious type. At least the first part of "How" I have no interest in tenure or control.
Since the site does not belong to me, the answer could be as informal as; He's my buddy or because I can, or whatever I want, and this is 100% OK with me, but I still think an answer should be forthcoming along with others like me that are now still waiting.
I say the kindly thing would be to shut down and remove the question, or put it to bed and answer it.
By the way Joe, upon seeing your self deprecating tag under your Avatar; You're welcome to comment on my post any way you want, I'll not be offended. I am a sticks and stones sort so believe you are powerless and only I can let my feelings be hurt.
Instead of sensitivity training, people would be better off receiving De-sensitivity training.
Should be mandatory if I'm to continue paying for our education system.

It has been a month now and still no definitive answer!
This seems rather disappointing.
I had no interest until you asked the question.
Now I am, (your fault Joe) but only because I'm the curious type. At least the first part of "How" I have no interest in tenure or control.
Since the site does not belong to me, the answer could be as informal as; He's my buddy or because I can, or whatever I want, and this is 100% OK with me, but I still think an answer should be forthcoming along with others like me that are now still waiting.
I say the kindly thing would be to shut down and remove the question, or put it to bed and answer it.
By the way Joe, upon seeing your self deprecating tag under your Avatar; You're welcome to comment on my post any way you want, I'll not be offended. I am a sticks and stones sort so believe you are powerless and only I can let my feelings be hurt.
Instead of sensitivity training, people would be better off receiving De-sensitivity training.
Should be mandatory if I'm to continue paying for our education system.

I haven't brought any of this stuff back up because I told Joe L. That I would wait for his response. I'd guess the big server change has him pretty busy but I agree that it would be nice to hear something back.

I had forgot about my avatar quote or whatever they are - it was a bit sarcastic and a retaliation for some PMs that happened.

And I also agree blunt is best.

Malt Liquor
Midgets
Change found under rental car seats.
There is a list I have here somewhere...

It's all pretty simple how you become an admin/mod..but once your in your in! That's it!

I don't think it's all that mysterious. I imagine it's something like this:

@Joe Link: "Magic 8 Ball, should [insert member name here] become a moderator?"

Magic 8 Ball:

Signs-Point-to-Yes-300x189.jpg

:D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA