JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings,

I have a few questions and appreciate the tips, AND assuming one thing: Your Armalite is your survival rifle...

Q1. BUIS are only good if your magnification is off.

(y/n) please ellaborate

Q2. What is the preferred method to mount Glass?

Q1: you won't want to use a flip 3X magnifier (meant for a red dot) with just iron sights. The sight picture/sight alignment is goofed: the front sight is magnified and blurry and will feel like it is right in front of your nose.

Q2: on the receiver's top rail. 1000 good ways to do this: depends.

like this:

tumblr_mhzr16g7891ryc8o6o1_500.gif

*Gibbs-slaps MNG and Ogre* OP MEANT mount glass on a RIFLE, smartasses... :p

@OP: As a bespectacled shooter myself, wish I knew what to tell ya--I only shoot pistol, but someday I need to learn the tricks of corrective-optics and rifle work myself.

*Gibbs-slaps MNG and Ogre* OP MEANT mount glass on a RIFLE, smartasses... :p

@OP: As a bespectacled shooter myself, wish I knew what to tell ya--I only shoot pistol, but someday I need to learn the tricks of corrective-optics and rifle work myself.

I don't think the OP is speaking of spectacles, but of a scope/optics/glass(es? Never heard that one.).

Does your Armalite have a receiver rail, as mentioned by hoody? If so, there you go. I personally don't have a use for optics on semi-auto "battle riles". o each their own, of course.

Q3: should I mount "glass" on my armalite survival rifle? Please elaborate

My battle rifle has a mount which allows the use of iron sights while the scope is mounted.

Q4: Assuming you like to "wear glasses", is a quick disconnect mount the way to go? Which ones do you like, which ones do you not like?

I had an A.R.M.S. 5 mount, with thumb screws, on my 16" flat top AR that allowed me to remove and reinstall my scope to use my BUIS. Never had an issue with re zero. After a few years I pulled it and put it on my M&P 15 .22. I'm having a great time working with the Troy BUIS. I doubt I'll put a scope back on it. If you go with a large objective lens on your scope you won't be able to see through your "see through" mount and use your sights. The bell will be in the way. You want your scope mounted as low as you can get it. I wear glasses while I'm replying to threads on NWFA:)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top