JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are you preparing for sinking economy but with high prices? How will that impact the way you prep?

Not our first go-around with a pissy economy. As always... take inventory, fill any shortfalls then ride it out. Now is the time to use stocks as intended... to subsidize food and basic necessities while the economy recovers. Re-supply once buying power re-aligns itself in a more favorable economy.

Last Edited:
As always... take inventory, fill any shortfalls then ride it out. Now is the time to use stocks as intended... to subsidize food and basic necessities while the economy recovers. Re-supply once buying power re-aligns itself in a more favorable economy.
Some bulk foods are still relatively cheap, it may be worth adding more of those items to the food stash if you have room.

Fuel prices are going to continue to be a big problem if people and businesses don't cut back on driving. I was hoping if we have a recession that it would bring fuel prices down, now I am not so sure. I hope we don't see oil embargo era type issues with fuel supplies.

Last Edited:
I will learn to VOTE smarter and hope the vote by mail system isn't rigged.
Gone are the days when you could vote your conscience, or vote for the person YOU thought was the best! Today, we are in a brave new world, one in which we have to vote for the person least likely to do damage, and hope they at least leave things alone! We are in a unique position though, we do have a chance to bring this state under control of sane people once again, so do your home work and vote smart, your on the right path!

Gone are the days when you could vote your conscience, or vote for the person YOU thought was the best! Today, we are in a brave new world, one in which we have to vote for the person least likely to do damage, and hope they at least leave things alone! We are in a unique position though, we do have a chance to bring this state under control of sane people once again, so do your home work and vote smart, your on the right path!
Ask clackamas county how that's working for them!

People are still having their cars washed. I drove by a car wash in King City today and there were two lines out to the street. I would think that might be one of the first things you cut back on but I guess vanity rules the day.

1653162295773.png

The summer driving season hasn't even really kicked in yet. Meanwhile stock market is tanking economy is heading towards likely recession period, welcome to stagflation.
I am given to understand that the definition of "stagflation" is a high unemployment rate combined with a high inflation rate.

I am also given to understand that our unemployment rate is relatively low - at least the official rate.

I am given to understand that the definition of "stagflation" is a high unemployment rate combined with a high inflation rate.

I am also given to understand that our unemployment rate is relatively low - at least the official rate.
Thank goodness, that makes me feel better that we are heading into a recession and prices are going sky high but at least people aren't being laid off (yet).

People are still having their cars washed. I drove by a car wash in King City today and there were two lines out to the street. I would think that might be one of the first things you cut back on but I guess vanity rules the day.
I have the car wash done on my car about 2-3 times a year. It isn't vanity, it is the fact that it also gets the underside of the car and I pay for the wax job too.

My car stays clean for only a few hours - while my private road is paved, the public road to my house is a dirt/gravel road.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top