JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I recently bought some used reloading dies from another member he listed them as used NO problem what I got was un-useable .

Now hes telling me that I should have somehow known they were broken and missing parts.

I just bought a re loader and learning the hobby .

how would you handle getting seller to refund your money.

Agree.
In all fairness, the seller should be given the opportunity to give his side of the story, but if what you say is true, I'd like to see such a person banned from the forum.

Sucks, but when buying used, it's buyer beware.

You have little to know recourse in a legal sense, yet this type of business is frowned upon within our community.

Your only choice may be to out him, or possibly petition a Mod for help, and hope he comes around.

What caliber/dies are you looking to get up and running? What's the actual problem? In this present climate, it may well (as we all know) be frustrating to get/source anything. Perhaps some folk here might find that they have an extra lock ring etc. to give you.

Did you buy these sight - unseen or in person?
If sight - unseen then we need to hear the seller's side with regard to 'I should have somehow known they were broken and missing parts.'
If you bought in person and were able to inspect them then there would be no reason for this thread.
I get tired of reading sob stories of people who bought stuff IN PERSON then are dissatisfied later and whine about the seller not giving them their money back but if sight unseen the seller should in all fairness disclose everything. Even then it might be difficult to get an honest answer from the seller if he himself is not honest but he should be he should at least have an opportunity to tell his side of the story.

If sight - unseen then we need to hear the seller's side with regard to 'I should have somehow known they were broken and missing parts.'
If you bought in person and were able to inspect them then there would be no reason for this thread.
I get tired of reading sob stories of people who bought stuff IN PERSON then are dissatisfied later and whine about the seller not giving them their money back but if sight unseen the seller should in all fairness disclose everything. Even then it might be difficult to get an honest answer from the seller if he himself is not honest but he should be he should at least have an opportunity to tell his side of the story.
I see what you're saying but the bottom line is we all have been and are there on even present occasion. Meaning if one buys a set of dies (etc.), even if one buys them in person one should assume and be able to divine that they are NOT what they/it is purported to be? nigh

Fred, if you're just getting into reloading the money you'll be spending in the near future is a drop in the bucket compared to the price of a single set of used dies. However, I should think an upstanding citizen of the board would not want a bad review. If the person truly misrepresented the condition of the dies, a poor review stating that will/should be viewed by anyone in the future doing business with the person.

Live and learn.....Move on.

Mike

It seems to me the feedback system is there for a reason.

There are always two sides to a story too.

Although I agree it is best to give a seller a chance to make good on a refund, it seems like you already tried that, and the seller told you no. At which point you are left no choice.

Is it RCBS? Full lifetime warrenty if needed.

There can be allot of things wrong with dies. Your just starting out and its easy to overlook the small things. Its very possible the seller had no idea also.

I agree with the post but if you read the OP he is new to the hobby of reloading. If he did not know what he was looking at how would he know they are missing parts or broken? I also agree with the posts of a used item should be usable. If not it needs to be stated in the add!

Have to remember there are a lot of people in this hobby who are new or just plain do not know what they are looking at. There are plenty of things that I would not know to look for in certain situations. I do understand it is buyer be ware a lot of times. But in this community I think we all need to look out for one another in some way.

one set is rusted so bad not able to get them to break free ,then one is missing the decapper pin and one is missing the expander tool
he was in a hurry to leave it was pooring down rain and I had no idea what I was looking at being new to the hobby they looked like dies to me but closer inspection revealed dies in very poor condition I had 2 independent people look at them and he is telling me I should have known they were in part defective too a degree

one set is rusted so bad not able to get them to break free ,then one is missing the decapper pin and one is missing the expander tool
he was in a hurry to leave it was pooring down rain and I had no idea what I was looking at being new to the hobby they looked like dies to me but closer inspection revealed dies in very poor condition I had 2 independent people look at them and he is telling me I should have known they were in part defective too a degree

Give him negative feedback! Dies are not something that you tear apart to inspect them. I have bought many sets of dies and haven't looked at them until I was installing them in my press. Unlike a gun where ya look at the bore, cycle it, dry fire and disassemble, dies are inexpensive and you would hope that you are dealing with an ethical person. Slam him using feedback so the rest of us don't have to deal with that scumbucket!!!

Send me a link and I'll see what I can do.

+1 on the negative feedback and explain why.
I say call him out. There's no place for people like that here.
I would understand if he didn't know and offered your mo ey back, thats what an honest person would do.
I like this site and support it because i trust the people on it. If ididn't thenI wouldn't come here. This is a place for RESPONSIBLE gun owners apart of a COMMUNITY who enjoy and believe in the same ideals.
I for one don't want this turning into a craigslist or armslist.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads