JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's pretty frustrating to open up and read an ad in the classifieds and see that it says "sold" but the thread is still open.

How about a sticky on top of each classified section informing posters on how to close their ad when item is sold?

Numerous discussions about this very topic. Most folks don't seem to care about doing that - they just want to sell and be done with it.

I find it just as frustrating. I make a point not only to close my classifieds, but to mark in bold red letters "SOLD". Surprisingly, even doing that, I've had folks PM me on something I've already sold and closed. Just goes to show some folks don't bother to read everything, only what they want to see.

It would also be beneficial, if when the thread has been closed, feedback from the buyer can be left for others to read.
I may be asking for too much

It's pretty frustrating to open up and read an ad in the classifieds and see that it says "sold" but the thread is still open.

How about a sticky on top of each classified section informing posters on how to close their ad when item is sold?

Could not hurt. I just recently found out how to. Item I was giving away found new home. So I posted that it was rehomed. Did not know I would or could delete the ad. Andy hit me with a PM and asked me to take it down if it was gone. It was only then I realized I could. Had been here for a while but still learning how it all works. :)

Did not know I would or could delete the ad. Andy hit me with a PM and asked me to take it down if it was gone. It was only then I realized I could. Had been here for a while but still learning how it all works. :)

The thread does not need to be "deleted", just closed (or locked). That way it shows up in the forum as shaded and has the lock icon. That way others know before opening up the thread that the item is no longer available.

Evenin Joe. I always leave FB. Even if the seller does not. I'd rather leave +FB, but have no problem leaving -FB as well. Hurts me not at all ;) I like to give credit when it's deserved tho

Evenin Joe. I always leave FB. Even if the seller does not. I'd rather leave +FB, but have no problem leaving -FB as well. Hurts me not at all ;) I like to give credit when it's deserved tho

Yea, I figure some just don't know how. I'll follow up with a PM saying it was nice too meet them etc in the hopes it will jog their memory to post back on my profile but it's no huge loss with the time I've been here and the people I know that would vouch for me.

I get feed back maybe 3 out of 4 transactions.

I get about the same. I've had some folks say they didn't want feedback (for whatever reason), so I always ask first. Usually that gives them a heads-up to return the favor. But yeah, I'll leave feedback for some and get none in return. Had one just recently where that happened.

No big deal to me, really, either way. I consider the amount of posts/likes "should?" put one to ease. I'm member other places with 100% across the board (for years) I can refer too if necessary. With new members, I tend to stay away

Yeah, been discussed many times. As a mod here, I have no way of knowing if items are sold and do my best to try and keep an eye on the classifieds but some members join just to sell one item and are never seen or heard from again. This will never change. It drives NWFA site traffic.

And yes, under "Thread Tools" in the upper right corner of the OP, uncheck the "Open" box to close the thread.

I do my very best to be here as much as possible to help out NWFA. If you have any issues or see an ad that should be closed, shoot me a convo.

I do my very best to be here as much as possible to help out NWFA. If you have any issues or see an ad that should be closed, shoot me a convo.

How about "reporting" the ad and noting it should be closed? I know that's not really what reporting is for, but it would make it pretty darn easy to do.

When I've seen an ad that says "Sold" but hasn't been closed I send a nicely worded PM to the member on how to close their ad. I've received "Thank You" in return. Gotta say it's not real obvious how to close your ad if you're new to discussion forums and their classifieds though.

As far as getting PMs from someone on a closed ad? I've had the urge before.....You're just hoping maybe there was a mistake made and they still have that deal you'd missed. :D

Numerous discussions about this very topic. Most folks don't seem to care about doing that - they just want to sell and be done with it.

I find it just as frustrating. I make a point not only to close my classifieds, but to mark in bold red letters "SOLD". Surprisingly, even doing that, I've had folks PM me on something I've already sold and closed. Just goes to show some folks don't bother to read everything, only what they want to see.
Like leaving a yard sale sign up...

On old versions of the forum, the member's feedback was below their name, location, etc.

I guess there wasn't room on the new improved versions of NWFA.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top