Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

House Bill 4045 (CHL Privacy) Passed, but...

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Bunny, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Bunny

Bunny Portland, OR Well-Known Member

2. ericb

ericb Klamath Falls, OR Active Member

It's cute how they chose to use a photo from a gun turn in event for this article. It's fun to be scared of guns.

3. Chromaflage

Chromaflage Oregon Member

Contact Peter Courtney and pressure him to put pressure on the senate to get it passed. Here's the link to info posted on OFF:

Oregon Firearms Federation

4. Working 4 U

Working 4 U Eugene Active Member

Hey Guys, I just sent an e-mail to the Senator and forwarded it to my gun friends, I did it....did you? Come on this is a challange I dare you to.

5. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

I did too.
    Maybe next the newspapers can post a list of people who carry a gun but DON'T have a CHL. Oh wait, they aren't privy to that info are they? Kinda like the cops. They'll just endanger the good guys and gals that jumped through the legal hoops instead. If the list gets published and ANYONE on it gets robbed, mugged, burglarized, etc. I propose a fund is started to SUE THAT NEWSPAPER OUT OF BUSINESS.

6. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Like I said in the other thread, if anything happens and I can prove malice I'll own a newspaper.

7. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Or how about we look up the newspaper employees' home addresses, phone numbers, etc. and publish them on the net? There are lots of anarchists around here who don't like the newspapers.

8. DoubleTapDrew

I believe a pro-gun organization back east did just that when their newspaper published the names and info of CHL holders on their website.

9. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

10. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Perhaps we have hit on a great idea. Class action lawsuit against the news papers who publish these lists. Then take the proceeds and open another gun range, or something like that. Muhahaha! This sounds like a marvelous plan actually!

11. DoubleTapDrew

Might have been the Plain dealer. I think the VCDL in Virginia did something similar as well, or at least threatened to.

I think a class action lawsuit may be the best way to go. There are over 100k CHL holders in Oregon. If each chipped in $10 there would be a $1million war chest to taket he newspaper to court with.

12. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

So, there has to be some level of irony in the idea of a CHL holder getting the CHL list to mail all of the CHL holders asking them to donate to a class action to prevent anyone from ever getting the CHL list? Right? I mean, that is so crazy it might work. Haha!

13. iomatic

iomatic Portland Member

14. RW-Ore

RW-Ore Oregon Well-Known Member

Done did also told Peter to take Floyd out back and warm his hide if he tried to change the bill in any way

15. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

How about Floyd's................

Working 4 U and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Bunny

Bunny Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I heard Oregon State Representative Kim Thatcher speaking about the bill on The Lars Larson Show today, and found a pdf file on how you can contact your representatives and make your voice heard on the issue. --> http://www.leg.state.or.us/thatcher/youcanmakeadifference.pdf

Audio of Kim Thatcher, Kevin Starrett, & Lars Larson Discussing the Issue
    http://www.kxl.com/common/global_audio/418/51358.mp3
    (fast forward past the first quarter of the show to hear Kim Thatcher first. Kevin Starrett from the Oregon Firearms Federation speaks after her.)

17. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

OFF alert!!!! at least it didn't go to the judiciary committee.

Actually, watching sausage being made might be preferable.

The long saga of HB 4045 continues. After passing by a wide margin in the House, Senate President Peter Courtney yesterday assigned the CHL privacy bill to the Senate Rules Committee.

They are not obligated to hear it and right now we cannot say if they will. We do assume however that efforts will be made to heavily amend the bill and once again turn it from something simple and easy to understand into a complicated and contradictory distraction.

The Senate Rules Committee is composed of:

Diane Rosenbaum, Chair sen.dianerosenbaum@state.or.us
    503-986-1700

Ted Ferrioli, Vice-Chair sen.tedferrioli@state.or.us
    503-986-1950

Jason Atkinson sen.jasonatkinson@state.or.us
    503-986-1702

Lee Beyer sen.leebeyer@state.or.us
    503-986-1706

Ginny Burdick sen.ginnyburdick@state.or.us
    503-986-1718

Please contact the members of the Committee and request that they simply pass the bill the way it is. Feel free to add to the prepared email. (Burdick's address will not appear in this prepared email,because...why bother? Feel free do add her if you care to.)

18. FORKLIFT252

FORKLIFT252 Oregon Active Member

Done......I would like to thank OFF and any other fellas that are posting info and the links for us to mail.

19. R-Rizzo

R-Rizzo NW Oregon Member

Oh Jesus... Burdick is on the committee... That's not helpful at all....

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

20. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Unless you're looking for nonsensical statements on the bill.