JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did too.
Maybe next the newspapers can post a list of people who carry a gun but DON'T have a CHL. Oh wait, they aren't privy to that info are they? Kinda like the cops. They'll just endanger the good guys and gals that jumped through the legal hoops instead. If the list gets published and ANYONE on it gets robbed, mugged, burglarized, etc. I propose a fund is started to SUE THAT NEWSPAPER OUT OF BUSINESS.

I did too.
Maybe next the newspapers can post a list of people who carry a gun but DON'T have a CHL. Oh wait, they aren't privy to that info are they? Kinda like the cops. They'll just endanger the good guys and gals that jumped through the legal hoops instead. If the list gets published and ANYONE on it gets robbed, mugged, burglarized, etc. I propose a fund is started to SUE THAT NEWSPAPER OUT OF BUSINESS.

Like I said in the other thread, if anything happens and I can prove malice I'll own a newspaper.

Or how about we look up the newspaper employees' home addresses, phone numbers, etc. and publish them on the net? There are lots of anarchists around here who don't like the newspapers.

Or how about we look up the newspaper employees' home addresses, phone numbers, etc. and publish them on the net? There are lots of anarchists around here who don't like the newspapers.

I believe a pro-gun organization back east did just that when their newspaper published the names and info of CHL holders on their website.

Perhaps we have hit on a great idea. Class action lawsuit against the news papers who publish these lists. Then take the proceeds and open another gun range, or something like that. Muhahaha! This sounds like a marvelous plan actually!

Might have been the Plain dealer. I think the VCDL in Virginia did something similar as well, or at least threatened to.

I think a class action lawsuit may be the best way to go. There are over 100k CHL holders in Oregon. If each chipped in $10 there would be a $1million war chest to taket he newspaper to court with.

So, there has to be some level of irony in the idea of a CHL holder getting the CHL list to mail all of the CHL holders asking them to donate to a class action to prevent anyone from ever getting the CHL list? Right? I mean, that is so crazy it might work. Haha!

I heard Oregon State Representative Kim Thatcher speaking about the bill on The Lars Larson Show today, and found a pdf file on how you can contact your representatives and make your voice heard on the issue. --> <broken link removed>

Audio of Kim Thatcher, Kevin Starrett, & Lars Larson Discussing the Issue
<broken link removed>
(fast forward past the first quarter of the show to hear Kim Thatcher first. Kevin Starrett from the Oregon Firearms Federation speaks after her.)

OFF alert!!!! at least it didn't go to the judiciary committee.

Actually, watching sausage being made might be preferable.

The long saga of HB 4045 continues. After passing by a wide margin in the House, Senate President Peter Courtney yesterday assigned the CHL privacy bill to the Senate Rules Committee.

They are not obligated to hear it and right now we cannot say if they will. We do assume however that efforts will be made to heavily amend the bill and once again turn it from something simple and easy to understand into a complicated and contradictory distraction.

The Senate Rules Committee is composed of:

Diane Rosenbaum, Chair [email protected]
503-986-1700

Ted Ferrioli, Vice-Chair [email protected]
503-986-1950

Jason Atkinson [email protected]
503-986-1702

Lee Beyer [email protected]
503-986-1706

Ginny Burdick [email protected]
503-986-1718

Please contact the members of the Committee and request that they simply pass the bill the way it is. Feel free to add to the prepared email. (Burdick's address will not appear in this prepared email,because...why bother? Feel free do add her if you care to.)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews