JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While I share the disdain of the ATF along with most of you, I am curious on what grounds the ATF is unconstitutional. It seems to me that it is constitutional under the Interstate Commerce Clause, since the ATF (by mandate from congress) is regulating the commerce of firearms across state lines.

Don't get me wrong. I would like to repeal the NFA and the GCA, as well as get rid of the ATF. However, it doesn't seem constructive to label something as unconstitutional without showing how.

Ah I see your problem & I must say I am glad you had the cojones to voice this problem via internet forum. The answer to your issue is a very simple one, if you will obtain a copy of The Constitution and Bill of Rights. Once you have studied both you will see just why the Dept of Justice has been mis-named. They should be called the Dept of Injustice. Anyhow back to your issue of Unconstitutionality. Any action that goes against the Constitution is Unconstitutional. Therefore since the Second Amendment clearly states "Shall Not Be Infringed" any time infringement takes place, an Unconstitutional thing has just happened.

While I share the disdain of the ATF along with most of you, I am curious on what grounds the ATF is unconstitutional. It seems to me that it is constitutional under the Interstate Commerce Clause, since the ATF (by mandate from congress) is regulating the commerce of firearms across state lines.

Don't get me wrong. I would like to repeal the NFA and the GCA, as well as get rid of the ATF. However, it doesn't seem constructive to label something as unconstitutional without showing how.

Have you ever read the 2nd Amendment? That is all you need to read to see that ATF is 100% unconstitutional

This might be leading to the comeuppance the ATF richly deserves. Their have been too many documented instances of them violating laws and acting extremely reckless. They also seem to like to ignore a pesky, little thing called the Bill of Rights. If they charge the acting director of the ATF with contempt, can he be served with an ATF style home invasion?

so if the firearm is manufactured in the state that the buyer is where does the atf come in...........

This might be leading to the comeuppance the ATF richly deserves. Their have been too many documented instances of them violating laws and acting extremely reckless. They also seem to like to ignore a pesky, little thing called the Bill of Rights. If they charge the acting director of the ATF with contempt, can he be served with an ATF style home invasion?

Personally I think this is bigger than Watergate. If so then the whole Obwan administration should "hang" or at least resign!!

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Have you ever read the 2nd Amendment? That is all you need to read to see that ATF is 100% unconstitutional

Going strictly by the constitution wouldn't any law enforcement at the federal level be unconstitutional? I'm actually going from memory from what was covered in either a college history class or maybe even high school civics and not a specific text in the constitution.... nor have I researched it.
If that is the case however, than the ATF as a law enforcement agency is unconstitutional and so is the FBI.

If you really want a shocking revelation pull up a copy of the constitution and see exactly what is says about an army during time of peace.

Going strictly by the constitution wouldn't any law enforcement at the federal level be unconstitutional? I'm actually going from memory from what was covered in either a college history class or maybe even high school civics and not a specific text in the constitution.... nor have I researched it.
If that is the case however, than the ATF as a law enforcement agency is unconstitutional and so is the FBI.

If you really want a shocking revelation pull up a copy of the constitution and see exactly what is says about an army during time of peace.

I agree, but let us chop away at one appendage of the octopus at a time

Shhhhh, if you talk about the BATFE they will light your house on fire and shoot you if you try to escape the inferno! Or maybe just shoot and kill your wife, children, and dog.

Shhhhh, if you talk about the BATFE they will light your house on fire and shoot you if you try to escape the inferno! Or maybe just shoot and kill your wife, children, and dog.

Then I get to be a martyr. It could be a lot worse... i could be an evil, federal goon with a badge and a bad attitude

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top