JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If we ever have the opportunity to meet, I'll be sure to not advertise my taco soup!!
Probably a good thing I quit smoking. If not for my health on my own behalf, but more in fear of someone of your kind imploding when I'm near!!

Newer homeowner here for about 2 years. My wife and I are the youngest couple in our neighborhood (by far) and we got wierd stares for the first few months when we initially moved in. This past summer, our daughter came home crying because a truck was speeding by as she was playing with her friends. She said the man had told them to get the f-bomb out of the street and got out of the car trying to yell at the one male friend for raising his hands in the air at their defense. These are all 5th graders btw. The boys father came out and confronted the man and he ended up telling the father it was the girls he was after. Later, I find out the truck driver lives 2 houses down from me. Before knowing, I had warned other neighbors about the incident on a neighborhood forum not referencing anybody by name. The man and his wife apparently came forward and cursed us out for mentioning the incident. My wife and I ended up going to their house to talk it out. The man apologized and all was good saying if I ever need anything goes just holler, yaddah yaddah. Couple hours after, we see them drive by, we waive, and they look at us and mug us. Within the next few weeks after, we try to waive at them when we see them but they do the same thing. We hear them talk crap about us to our other neighbors and now we give up. They are really popular amongst our neighbors so it's a bit uncomfortable at times but we just do our own thing and don't let it bug us. And really, we are introverts anyhow so it really doesn't bug us one bit :cool:
That's too bad. Why do some people have to be that way?

I simply don't understand the prevalence of profanity nowadays. I don't have sensitive ears myself, and the guys at work sometimes talk like the old sailors they are, but they do know how to tone it down especially around kids and women they don't know. Some people I think simply talk that way all the time without even thinking and can't even imagine that some people may not want to hear it.

I guess I've been pretty lucky with neighbors my whole life, compared to you all's stories. I've always had pretty good neighbors. The one exception was a next door neighbor seven or eight years ago. I never had harsh words with them, but they had a scary dog. Whenever my wife, kids, or I would step into our back yard their boxer/pit bull mix would run and slam into the fence between our yard and his, with glowing red eyes and blood dripping from his fangs (ok, I exaggerate slightly). I wouldn't let my kids play in their own yard, because I'm pretty sure he could have gotten over that fence if he realized it.

I had some plywood that was given to me that I wanted to fasten to the wire fence, so he couldn't see through it, but I couldn't put it up with him out, so I went over and politely asked if they would bring him in for a little while while I put up the plywood so he wouldn't scare my kids. Mama came to the door in a moo-moo and said that her little baby was a sweetheart who wouldn't hurt a fly, but they did call him in. After that any time they heard my kids in the yard they would call the dog in right away. They moved away after a while.

The neighbors we have now are great, all older folks and homeowners.

Newer homeowner here for about 2 years. My wife and I are the youngest couple in our neighborhood (by far) and we got wierd stares for the first few months when we initially moved in. This past summer, our daughter came home crying because a truck was speeding by as she was playing with her friends. She said the man had told them to get the f-bomb out of the street and got out of the car trying to yell at the one male friend for raising his hands in the air at their defense. These are all 5th graders btw. The boys father came out and confronted the man and he ended up telling the father it was the girls he was after. Later, I find out the truck driver lives 2 houses down from me. Before knowing, I had warned other neighbors about the incident on a neighborhood forum not referencing anybody by name. The man and his wife apparently came forward and cursed us out for mentioning the incident. My wife and I ended up going to their house to talk it out. The man apologized and all was good saying if I ever need anything goes just holler, yaddah yaddah. Couple hours after, we see them drive by, we waive, and they look at us and mug us. Within the next few weeks after, we try to waive at them when we see them but they do the same thing. We hear them talk crap about us to our other neighbors and now we give up. They are really popular amongst our neighbors so it's a bit uncomfortable at times but we just do our own thing and don't let it bug us. And really, we are introverts anyhow so it really doesn't bug us one bit :cool:
Police. Make an incident report "man speeding through street, cussing at kids playing license plate abv-xyc" and description of vehicle.

We have some bubblegums who live down the road from us in a cul-de-sac and I'd love to start letting air out of tires at night. It's about 200y from their pull out past our house to the T in the road where they are required to stop. It's balls to the wall from there until they need to slam on their brakes.

I'm almost sick of it and will be reporting every.single.one.of.them.motherfkrs to the police. Speeding through a residential neighborhood.. hell I'll even go as far as posting up a security camera and have it turn on at the offending hours they typically drive by.....

"roll coal" bubblegumes... you will be the one rolling in deep bubblegum when your diesel is filled with a gelling agent.

Don't need to be quiet... just give me a courtesy headsup before any loud late parties so I can adjust my sleep schedule accordingly, please. :)

The Fartjar... I hope to God I never have to build another one, because its creation was as nasty for me (there's a reason it's called Taco HELL!) as its deployment was for the target.

Isn't flakes of Ivory soap the traditional napalm recipe? :p

Edge shaving cream. Its basically palmitic acid anyway . ( Napthenic acid+Palmitic Acid=NaPalm ) Shoot a can into a gallon of gas and it gels up pretty good.

Napalm , Napalm sticks like glue. Sticks to the women and the children too

We did nothing. She reported us to the city hall once a month. Because of an inch too tall grass, because of some bushes, because of snow, because of ice, because of feeding squirrels. She even made up stories about us to the officials to get us in trouble.

We finally moved. Now we are living in a forest, we can have tall grass, bushes, ice, snow and we can feed squirrels, rabbits, foxes, wolves, deers or bears or whatever in the deep forest. No one says a word.

We can also do some target shooting. We don't have close neighbors, but the ones are 400 yards and more, they all do target shooting and hunting.

I had a girl live next to us during college at the college apartments in Utah. This girl was flat out rank and rude. So I found a paper plate and took a big crap on it and set it in the seat of her Mazda Miata. She knew who did it somehow and never came near me again.

I had a girl live next to us during college at the college apartments in Utah. This girl was flat out rank and rude. So I found a paper plate and took a big crap on it and set it in the seat of her Mazda Miata. She knew who did it somehow and never came near me again.
That reminds me of a story in one of George Hayduke's books... speaking of which, my favorite deterrent for the Presstitutes around me when I was embedded in a newsroom for my EP days was to leave one or two of his books sitting on my desk knowing they'd check 'em out when they thought I wasn't looking, and just let 'em *think* on the possibilities...

Those books got me through haaagh-screwel, not in their use, but rather in the smug satisfaction of knowing that my refusal to strike at them with devastating effect made me a better person than they would have been with same knowledge. (And while I was then and still am capable of great fury when provoked, when I lash out at somebody it's through my keyboard.)

Barking dogs is always a tough one because in my experience, most barking do owners do not have the ability to separate themselves from the dog when they are confronted about the dog's behavior no matter how kind one speaks to them about the problem. It's like they take it as a personal attack...that has been my experience.

So one thing that does quiet a dog down when one has exhausted all reasonable and kindly requests, and my disclaimer here is that "someone else" told me about this, it to slip a Dulcolax pill inside a hot dog and toss it over the fence. From what I understand is the dog begins to have bowel problems and the owner begins to have carpet problems. At least that is how it works as was explained by "someone else"

Dude, that is so wrong. the image is funny, but the action evil. I would put a serious beating on anyone that hurts my fur babies.
You need only talk to the dogs in a kind voice to fix most issues. Doesn't work everytime, but sure make the owners look stupid.

Dude, that is so wrong. the image is funny, but the action evil. I would put a serious beating on anyone that hurts my fur babies.
You need only talk to the dogs in a kind voice to fix most issues. Doesn't work everytime, but sure make the owners look stupid.
Some dogs, like some people don't take to kind words. My neighbor's dog was never socialized and placed in a pen out back. It is literally so stupid that one day when it got out it ran straight towards me and my JD riding mower and slammed head first into the mower deck. I guess it had been waiting a long time to show that JD the what-for :confused::eek::D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top