JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good grief can't retailers keep anything in stock?

I've been waiting for the LnL to show up since I was trying to get one in March and they just became available. At that time they had lots of shell plates available.

In the last couple of days the LnL becomes available and in-stock, and now the shell plates are out of stock. (yesterday) (shell plates expected back in stock in November) :(

So I check on the status to place my order and now my press is out of stock again! because I can't pass off a $400 credit card charge as a business lunch, and I'm stuck again.

So which one of you bought my press while I was at work? eh? :complain:

Anyone seen any LnL AP presses available with shellplates available at the same place?

I have to agree with PhysicsGuy & NK777 I like my Hornady LnL but I LOVE my Dillon. You can feel the difference when you are loading ammo between the Hornady and the Dillon. It's worth every cent.

I have to agree with PhysicsGuy & NK777 I like my Hornady LnL but I LOVE my Dillon. You can feel the difference when you are loading ammo between the Hornady and the Dillon. It's worth every cent.
Actually I'm to cheap for a Dillon. I use a Lee progressive press and it works fine relatively speaking anyways. I am not a high speed reloader that does thousands of rounds a day. I know a few reloaders that love to brag about how they can do 1000 rounds of a pistol cartridge in under 4hrs. I've never seen them do it and I honestly could care less. Most I've ever reloaded in a day is probably around 750 rounds. The palm of my hand was sore towards the end from constantly pushing and pulling the crank. :s0112: Honestly I much prefer to do less at a time in the 250-500 round range. Once you find recipes you like allot and start reloading in mass, it gets kind of boring, but it's still very rewarding at the same time. It's a serious money saver if you shoot a lot and/or you reload a caliber that's factory ammunition is ubber expensive. For example I reload a caliber that costs $1 a round factory ammo for 39 cents if I use virgin brass (18 cents if I reuse brass which I almost always do) and I make better rounds then the manufacturer in my opinion anyways.

Actually I'm to cheap for a Dillon. I use a Lee progressive press and it works fine relatively speaking anyways. I am not a high speed reloader that does thousands of rounds a day. I know a few reloaders that love to brag about how they can do 1000 rounds of a pistol cartridge in under 4hrs. I've never seen them do it and I honestly could care less. Most I've ever reloaded in a day is probably around 750 rounds. The palm of my hand was sore towards the end from constantly pushing and pulling the crank. :s0112: Honestly I much prefer to do less at a time in the 250-500 round range. Once you find recipes you like allot and start reloading in mass, it gets kind of boring, but it's still very rewarding at the same time. It's a serious money saver if you shoot a lot and/or you reload a caliber that's factory ammunition is ubber expensive. For example I reload a caliber that costs $1 a round factory ammo for 39 cents if I use virgin brass (18 cents if I reuse brass which I almost always do) and I make better rounds then the manufacturer in my opinion anyways.

You've made the point on your own.... It's not about cranking out tons of rounds all though it's nice to be able to do. But it's also nice to be able to make the amount of rounds that you talk about WITHOUT being sore or tired.

I'm more than happy to get a Dillon. If you can get me a Dillon that's auto-indexing, with inexpensive caliber conversions between rifle and pistol calibers, and 1000 free bullets at close to $420, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Otherwise I think the L&L is a better overall value. There is no dispute on the Dillon XL650's reputation. I just don't have the $$$ or the need to crank out 1000 rds at a sitting. I'm not going to get the automatic case feeder, or bullet feeder.

Like I said earlier... I like them both and for me it's not a round issue that everyone keeps making it. It's about comfort.

So I have been told many times, but I've never used one so I honestly don't know if they are more comfortable or not. I think I'm honestly to budget minded myself to worry about it. The Lee was so much cheaper then a comparable Dillon that I think I'll keep my Cheap Crappy Lee. It makes bullets all the time everytime. What can I say I'm CHEAP! :s0112:

I can't believe this....I didn't mean to offend anyone and I'm sorry if I did...Just try a Dillon....THEN...Tell me that you don't find it easier to change calibers with the powder measure already on the tool head and very thing adjusted for that caliber. It's takes more than just a handle. YES...you can feel the difference when loading ammo.... I wasn't calling anyone cheap.

OH... I have shell plates... If you can use the older version please let me know but I noticed after my first message that it looked like you have the newer press.

I can't believe this....I didn't mean to offend anyone and I'm sorry if I did...Just try a Dillon....THEN...Tell me that you don't find it easier to change calibers with the powder measure already on the tool head and very thing adjusted for that caliber. It's takes more than just a handle. YES...you can feel the difference when loading ammo.... I wasn't calling anyone cheap.

Is somebody offended??? I'm certainly not offended. Have I offended you in anyway? I hope not. The only person calling me cheap is me and that's because I admit that I am. If you prefer I'll start referring to myself as thrifty because that's honestly more accurate as I try my best to not out and out buy junk just because it's inexpensive.

Did I say anything bad about a Dillon somewhere? If you think I have I'm sorry that was not intended to be communicated. I can't speak for or against a Dillon because I have zero experience with them. The people I know that use them seem very happy with them. Only reason I didn't buy one was because they seemed to be a lot more expensive is all and I didn't want to spend the extra cash. This in no way is meant to say that they aren't worth the extra expense because I certainly have no way of knowing that.

I was merely sharing information that I hoped might be useful to somebody here just as I am sure you were doing the same. I'm sorry if you felt I was being argumentative or something, that was not my intent at all.

Is somebody offended??? I'm certainly not offended. Have I offended you in anyway? I hope not. The only person calling me cheap is me and that's because I admit that I am. If you prefer I'll start referring to myself as thrifty because that's honestly more accurate as I try my best to not out and out buy junk just because it's inexpensive.

Did I say anything bad about a Dillon somewhere? If you think I have I'm sorry that was not intended to be communicated. I can't speak for or against a Dillon because I have zero experience with them. The people I know that use them seem very happy with them. Only reason I didn't buy one was because they seemed to be a lot more expensive is all and I didn't want to spend the extra cash. This in no way is meant to say that they aren't worth the extra expense because I certainly have no way of knowing that.

I was merely sharing information that I hoped might be useful to somebody here just as I am sure you were doing the same. I'm sorry if you felt I was being argumentative or something, that was not my intent at all.

Oh...No worries... I feel the same as you...just sharing what I know and enjoy ... Hoping to make friends along the way... No problems here.... Have an AWESOME day.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top