JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone around mid-clackamas county with a dillon XL650 that is willing to load a few in my presence as a demo? :)

I wasn't offended either, we're having a good discussion.

The Hornady L&L seems like a great value, and you pay for the reputation and quality of the Dillon Precision. Not saying that the L&L isn't a quality alternative, but your $$$ appears to go further with the L&L.

I'm having the same discussion with the rest of the family as they are all "green" and "blue", but I've got them seeing "red." :) Fun discussion though.

It's just money right?

The thing is that I got my 550b with a conversion for cheaper than a LnL AP :D

Thats comparing apples and oranges. There is no way to get around that the LnL is a lot less expensive than its dillon counter part the 650. Conversions between calibers are also less expensive and dare i say it easier.

Funny thing is OP never asked about anything dillon, he was talking about availability of the hornady.

Just love it when it gets turned in to a red-blue thing :nuts: But My garage has red-blue and green. LnL AP, XL 650 and a rock chucker

Thats comparing apples and oranges. There is no way to get around that the LnL is a lot less expensive than its dillon counter part the 650. Conversions between calibers are also less expensive and dare i say it easier.

Funny thing is OP never asked about anything dillon, he was talking about availability of the hornady.

Just love it when it gets turned in to a red-blue thing :nuts: But My garage has red-blue and green. LnL AP, XL 650 and a rock chucker

It's ok, I'm alright with a good discussion about the Dillon vs. L&L.

Sounds like you've got both?

where is the best place to buy? Or should I say the most cost effective. Wholesale sports sold the Dillon 550b for $355.00 But it sounds like they are no longer going to sell them. I would by the Hornady if I could find one for $400

You are not going to find a complete set-up for $400 any more. You can find just the press for that much but the Shellplates and dies are extra.
I have the LNL AP, I have no money and wanted to get the most for less,and less time changing to a different caliber. I shoot 40s&w and 38spl.
I use my old lee dies and powder measure for the 38spl and Hornady dies for the 40S&W. You can chat all day about Dillon or Hornady being the best, to each his own.
What is the real price is what sold me.
Find out what it will cost you to have a press and all the goodies needed for one caliber shipped to your home or out the door at a store.
Welcome to reloading ****

You are not going to find a complete set-up for $400 any more. You can find just the press for that much but the Shellplates and dies are extra.
I have the LNL AP, I have no money and wanted to get the most for less,and less time changing to a different caliber. I shoot 40s&w and 38spl.
I use my old lee dies and powder measure for the 38spl and Hornady dies for the 40S&W. You can chat all day about Dillon or Hornady being the best, to each his own.
What is the real price is what sold me.
Find out what it will cost you to have a press and all the goodies needed for one caliber shipped to your home or out the door at a store.
Welcome to reloading ****

Everything right here in a kit <broken link removed> and you can find them for less at times. I've seen them at Bi-Mart as low as $320 for the starter kit minus the dies...so add another $30 - $60 another $50 for a can of powder , bullets and primers and you're on your way to learning to reload for right around $400.

<broken link removed>

I've seen them at Warehouse Sports as well.

Everything right here in a kit <broken link removed> and you can find them for less at times. I've seen them at Bi-Mart as low as $320 for the starter kit minus the dies...so add another $30 - $60 another $50 for a can of powder , bullets and primers and you're on your way to learning to reload for right around $400.

<broken link removed>

I've seen them at Warehouse Sports as well.

Thats the single stage press. I think most want the progressive. I have one in the box if anybody is interested. It also has the free bullets offer so you could receive 1000 free bullets and I have 4 new new dies that also get 500 a peice. The bullets alone cost more than the press.

Thats the single stage press. I think most want the progressive. I have one in the box if anybody is interested. It also has the free bullets offer so you could receive 1000 free bullets and I have 4 new new dies that also get 500 a peice. The bullets alone cost more than the press.

I believe the get loaded offer (or whatever they are calling it this year) is 100 free bullets with purchase of dies.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top