Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

WTB WA Home Stereo

Caveman Jim

Reactions
Rating
100%
Not looking for a boom box, I have one now. Wanting more of a medium sized model about 75 watts max with reciever/tuner, cassette, CD, turntable & bookshelf speakers.
LMK what you have that you can part with.:D
Can trade ruff cut Oak lumber, boards are (5/4-7/4 thick, 6-12" wide & 7-8' lengths.
Fishing trips in the spring, summer & fall when I know there are fish to catch every day.;)

Convo for quickest response.

Last edited:

jbett98

Reactions
Rating
100%
Estate sales are the best places I've seen for quality sets. Just look at upcoming sales in your neighborhood on Estatesale-Finder.com.
They always show some pics of audio equipment.

Last edited:

3MTA3

Reactions
Rating
100%
If you run across something and want to know more about it or even if it's worth the asking just mention it here. I bet there are a lot of us into audio - you can count me as one of them. Lotsa scams out there - do a search on "white van speakers".

SA Shooter

Reactions
Rating
100%
^^^ This ^^^

If you find something and want to know more, just post up here.

I used to have stacks and stacks of "vintage" Yamaha gear I picked up at estate sales, Goodwill, Salvation Army and local CL. I fixed, repaired, tested and sold off most of it some years ago. Wife said I was addicted...I responded with "I'm just keeping busy, dear."

YamStack01_zps329d61b0.jpg

Besides my main system and a small garage/shop system, the only one I have left out of that stack is my alarm clock which consists of a Yamaha CR-1020 receiver, a Pioneer timer, a pair of NHT bookshelf speakers and a pair of no-name stands.

2018%20bdrm%20system_zpsc56ydkh2.jpg

The main system is a heck of a lot more complicated....

OP
Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim

Reactions
Rating
100%
As always I know that I can count on my brother's here in this community for just about any topic.:cool:
As in the OP, I'm just looking for a medium to small sized unit to fit in my new Gun Room (I want an LP turntable also).:D
Thanks.;)

3MTA3

Reactions
Rating
100%
Vintage gear is great since most of them can be refurbished - so long as "through hole" components are available they can be kept going almost indefinitely. Newer stuff just goes in the landfill if anything breaks.

Your best bet by far on turntables are used ones. You can find lots of good ones on CL pretty inexpensively. Make sure that whatever receiver, integrated, or preamp has a phono input or you will need a separate phono pre-amp. Otherwise it won't sound right - records are recorded on a "curve" to lessen surface noise and need to be electronically "straightened out" to sound normal.

3MTA3

Reactions
Rating
100%
^^^ This ^^^

If you find something and want to know more, just post up here.

I used to have stacks and stacks of "vintage" Yamaha gear I picked up at estate sales, Goodwill, Salvation Army and local CL. I fixed, repaired, tested and sold off most of it some years ago. Wife said I was addicted...I responded with "I'm just keeping busy, dear."

View attachment 523112

Besides my main system and a small garage/shop system, the only one I have left out of that stack is my alarm clock which consists of a Yamaha CR-1020 receiver, a Pioneer timer, a pair of NHT bookshelf speakers and a pair of no-name stands.

View attachment 523113

The main system is a heck of a lot more complicated....
Yamaha fan myself - I have two B-2's (one being refurbed, then the other one gets it), an M-2 and an M-4

View%20From%20Door_zpscz2qk1xq.jpg

Amps_zpsh5xr5ctk.jpg

Stomper

Reactions
Rating
100%
I have a Sansui 80/80 amplifier that used to belong to my dad just sitting up in a shelf in my workshop... :D

OP
Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim

Reactions
Rating
100%
I have a Sansui 80/80 amplifier that used to belong to my dad just sitting up in a shelf in my workshop... :D
Send me an email. I could get rid of a couple speakers I have if your interested.
Sorry that I have stalled this thread guys, I do appreciate your posts.

That said, give me some details!!!:D

3MTA3

Reactions
Rating
100%
If you want to get educated, hang out at audiokarma.org a bit. There is a bit of snake oil that gets taken seriously there (bi-wiring (not to be confused with bi-amplifying), cable risers, silver wire, etc.) , but the knowledge base is impressive! You can pretty easily find out the good, bad, and ugly there - vintage and new. There is a thread where people post things they find on Craigslist and others that can be of help as well.

thevintageknob.org is also a great place to browse. The site has a lot of the original literature on some of the more significant and popular gear as well as some good commentary by the site's owner. Not everything is there, but there is a lot. Unfortunately that Sansui 8080 is not listed there, though it should be.

When you start looking for receivers and amplifiers get a cheap set of speakers, as cheap as possible, and use those on unknown gear to avoid harming your nice ones.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Love all the Guys and Gals, the redbeard is pleased. Even if it wasn't 1 min away from my house...
    • SVT-ROY
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I bugged these guys for a while as I was on the fence as to what safe to buy. There are so many...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim is fantastic! He does great work and does it in a timely manner! He reblued a Colt slide for...
    • hker71
  • Aloha Surplus
    4.00 star(s)
    Its always fun to check out the surplus stuff they have. Some is reasonably priced, some not so...
    • trekkerpaul
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I recently sent in a project gun to Mr. Copeland to slick up an action and thread the barrel...
    • CountryGent

Staff online