JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I vaguely recall seeing a home engraving kit that came with at least one custom made template. It basically attaches on to the surface of the item you want engraved and you just traced inside said template.

• Anyone know who makes these?
  • Have you used them for any projects?
  • Alternatives?
I asked because a Form 1 project I'm kicking around I don't particularly care about the engraving looking super fancy; just as long as it meets BATFE guidelines. And I could see using such a device to mark other equipment with identifying information.

Thanks much.

I used a Dremel and a diamond bit. With a few passes I was within the letter of the law.

My two cans are ghetto made anyway so the sloppy engraving matched. Now if I did a SBR or something else that was better made, I would have it engraved professionally.

I'd probably ghetto rig it with harbor freight stamps and a punch. I'm considering form 1'ing a silencer to see if I can beat my 18 month wait on one I bought, with a home brew. I've got a set of # and letter punches that would do my engraving for the project.

Other alternatives would be buying a home laser engraver off the inter webs. Though most of the ones set up to be used with a tablet or smart phone don't really engrave metal, I've read that running the same pattern over and over can get you the required depth.

I found a local engraver that charged me $10 to do mine.

2560E657-B349-4D90-A673-FD3E3B6EE478.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top