JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wrong! Federal law is only good for things the federal government is enumerated in the constitution to regulate. Think of the first gun free school zone law...The supreme court said congress overstepped their bounds with that one. IMHO Congress overstepped their bounds with the replacement too, only no-one has ever been charged under it, so it has never been reviewed.

if you believe the US Constitution as written, there are really very few things the feds can regulate on a state level. Has that kept the feds out of state business? No, but is mostly because the states allow it, not because it is legal. Congress has stretched, distorted and shredded the interstate commerce clause so far, one of these days the states are not gong take it any more.

The feds say weed is illegal and therefor their laws supercedes state laws. The feds regulate drugs and not states. Class 1, 2 and 3 drugs are regulated by the DEA so I am not talking about every single law just drugs in this topic.

It is simple.

I look at the state/federal "trumps" like this...... It is legal to sell a long gun from Oregon to Washington (or vise versa) without a ffl as per state law. Federal says it illegal. It would be the Feds kicking in my door for illegal sale across state lines, not state.

Or, I can say my direct boss can tell me to go to lunch. But his boss says no and too get back to work. It goes in the process of chain of command and the US government is no different.

Either way you look at it, it's a hassle I would like to avoid.

And when the Feds do kick in your door, and you tell them it's state law, I'm sure they will tell you that ignorance is no excuse.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top