JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is the Tribune a valid source? I don't remember seeing discussion on this.

23 States Agree To Ban All Hollow Point Ammunition

"The article referenced a Maine lawmaker named Jared Holbrook, who does not exist. Neither does a real newspaper called the Boston Tribune either — that name has been appropriated by a fake news site which (by design) many online readers now confuse as a legitimate news outlet on par with the real Boston Globe or Boston Herald newspapers.

While the Boston Tribune (like the Baltimore Gazette) sounds like the online arm of a major city newspaper, it is in actuality a news outlet for hoax purveyor Associated Media Coverage, a long-established fake news site that typically spreads fabrications about laws or statutes that would affect a specific subset of the population. Many fake or "satire" news sites include disclaimers informing readers their content is fabricated, but Associated Media Coverage (and the Boston Tribune) do not.

The 23-state ammo ban hoax designed to make waves among gun rights enthusiasts was in keeping with prior Associated Media Coverage falsehoods, including claims of an impending motorcycle curfew in March 2016, a motorcycle speed ban in August 2016, a FDA e-juice ban in mid-2016, a codified "two pet maximum" ordinance in multiple jurisdictions (causing many households to believe they would be forced to abandon beloved pets), a 50-state ban on open carry, and the elimination of Wisconsin's food assistance programs."

"The article referenced a Maine lawmaker named Jared Holbrook, who does not exist. Neither does a real newspaper called the Boston Tribune either — that name has been appropriated by a fake news site which (by design) many online readers now confuse as a legitimate news outlet on par with the real Boston Globe or Boston Herald newspapers.

While the Boston Tribune (like the Baltimore Gazette) sounds like the online arm of a major city newspaper, it is in actuality a news outlet for hoax purveyor Associated Media Coverage, a long-established fake news site that typically spreads fabrications about laws or statutes that would affect a specific subset of the population. Many fake or "satire" news sites include disclaimers informing readers their content is fabricated, but Associated Media Coverage (and the Boston Tribune) do not.

The 23-state ammo ban hoax designed to make waves among gun rights enthusiasts was in keeping with prior Associated Media Coverage falsehoods, including claims of an impending motorcycle curfew in March 2016, a motorcycle speed ban in August 2016, a FDA e-juice ban in mid-2016, a codified "two pet maximum" ordinance in multiple jurisdictions (causing many households to believe they would be forced to abandon beloved pets), a 50-state ban on open carry, and the elimination of Wisconsin's food assistance programs."
-
I see Oregon is on the list. I live in Oregon, and so far have not heard anything about it here. While it is true that there are a bunch of Demagogs running the state legislature, and I am sure that some of them would agree to such a ban, at this time, none of the watch dog groups have said anything about hollow point ammo.

A good drill bit and a box cutter can do remarkable things to boolits, Or so I have heard:)
I used to keep a fanny pack full of .22 when I was a kid that was X'd hollow points. I would sit down with a brick at the kitchen table and make my rounds more effective.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top