JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I like to ask around once in a while to see if there is any new info about hog activity, especially here in So. Oregon. There are stories of temporary stints of hog activity along the border, especially 20 years ago, generally in the riparian zones/creeks/watersheds that stretch from south of the border over into Oregon, but there hasn't been any for a while. Not that I want to wish the kind of hog problem that other states are having to happen here, but I'm there if they are... Wild, lean, and free bacon is the best, but I'm not going to Kalifornia to hunt (or for most any other reason) or pay for a non-resident license.
Anyway, if anyone has heard any recent sightings/activity, please share!

I wish to know also. I'd love to stop the tide early.

Though this is your thread, I'd probably never have the time. :(

I'm in the Rogue Valley, so not far from G.P. When the roads allow, I work my way along the border in the watersheds that drain over it, working from Cave Junction to the east. That's the most likely 'avenue' for the Kali hogs to move north, in the cooler, moister, and more rootable riparian zones. I hear every so often someone say they heard someone else had seen a hog, but have yet to see any yet. One place they were seen decades ago (that I've confirmed with several sources) is the Topsy Grade Road along the Klamath. I head up 66, and turn right around the John C. Boyle Dam (before Keno) and work my way south, which is kind of patch work as there is private land along there. It's a lot more open than drainages to the west, and in a wet year like we've had, would provide plenty of forage for hogs. Conversely, with a more typical snow load this year, it may be until mid-June before the upper elevations (5,000 ft and up) are accessible by road. The Topsy Grade is around 3,500 so it'll be accessible a bit sooner. If you're interested in going, let me know!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads