JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know much about hunting wild hogs in Oregon? I'm not finding specifics other than they're in Central Oregon and along the Oregon and California border, and that they're mostly found on private and BLM lands.

Does anyone know much about hunting wild hogs in Oregon? I'm not finding specifics other than they're in Central Oregon and along the Oregon and California border, and that they're mostly found on private and BLM lands.
They are not really known to be in Oregon (yet) I used to hunt them successfully near Fortuna in California on a private ranch but unless something has changed the last couple of years, not in Oregon yet.

Largely in part past tense with few updates. There are literally no more wild hogs in Oregon. The few that existed were mostly driven to private land and eradicated by the state not too many years ago. The 'wild hogs' in Oregon story has ALWAYS been mostly BS based on some ranches that illegally released them for cash and carry hunting and a few (very few) verified kills on public land - I have seen one shot in 40 years North of Redmond and that was it.

I knew a large rancher outside of Fresno that would trap them to resell to private ranches for hunters. He always had a couple of hundred in pens.

They are like Sasquatch, often seen but never really mounted on a wall.

IIRC there are a couple ranches still doing pay to play hunts in Oregon. The search option is your friend on this one, I'm not putting the time into it for your answer but recently within the last couple of years there was a discussion with the ranch name tied to the thread.....

Better off buying pork at WinCo, it's cheaper after it's all said and done.

I wish we had hogs in the western valleys and foothills! but then I know it is better that we dont. But if we did I'd be a hog hunting nut like I used to be in norcal!

There are hogs in Powers but they are mainly on private lands and hide in the woods buffered by private lands. I dont think they will over populate though thanks to the cougars. I am sure they love piglet snacks.

Would be nice if we had a few. I've hunted them in Texas and Florida. Definitely a fun hunt and a good way to fill a freezer with yummy goodness.
texas3.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads