JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That could go both ways. He never should've said on camera that he didn't even know there was a rule. The argument from the HOA is simply, "you agreed to the rules 27 years ago. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse to change them." Plus dude, clean out your garage. OTOH, F HOAs.

That could go both ways. He never should've said on camera that he didn't even know there was a rule. The argument from the HOA is simply, "you agreed to the rules 27 years ago. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse to change them." Plus dude, clean out your garage. OTOH, F HOAs.
His argument was "my truck (and cybertrucks, if they ever come to exist) is cool so it should be exempt". If coolness is an exempting factor, then the '74 Chevy step side I rescued from the crusher is cool too cause I said so, and never mind the cement blocks, the new wheels are on backorder.

His argument was "my truck (and cybertrucks, if they ever come to exist) is cool so it should be exempt". If coolness is an exempting factor, then the '74 Chevy step side I rescued from the crusher is cool too cause I said so, and never mind the cement blocks, the new wheels are on backorder.
His argument is that his "truck" (which is a pickup, and not really a truck, but more of a car with a pickup bed - more like a SUV with a pickup bed - which a lot of pickups are now) is a daily driver car, not a truck used for business purposes. A lot of people use a pickup this way - as a daily driver car that they occasionally use to haul things.

Now if it was like my truck - which is a cab chassis one ton with duallies and a 12' steel flatbed - then I could see the HOA having an issue with that (if they had a rule against "trucks").

His argument is that his "truck" (which is a pickup, and not really a truck, but more of a car with a pickup bed - more like a SUV with a pickup bed - which a lot of pickups are now) is a daily driver car, not a truck used for business purposes. A lot of people use a pickup this way - as a daily driver car that they occasionally use to haul things.

Now if it was like my truck - which is a cab chassis one ton with duallies and a 12' steel flatbed - then I could see the HOA having an issue with that (if they had a rule against "trucks").
So you're saying if you lay a hair just right and you swing the cleaver just right, you can split that hair.

So you're saying if you lay a hair just right and you swing the cleaver just right, you can split that hair.
As someone who is knowledgeable in what a "truck" is and how it is different from car like pickups (I worked for 9 years writing software for dealers to configure class 5 and up trucks), I am able to discern what is a light duty pickup (especially something like a Rivian or a Honda Ridgeline) and what is a truck, yes.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews