JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok I see alot of people mentioning this, so I thought we would try a page for this side, those of you who know the area know in the summer you can drive up memaloose rd and come out on hillockburn rd, and vice versa gates allowing, but... the drive up hillock is much easier on your rig for the first part,beyond the pavement bring a 4x4.

Now on to the meat of it, I am going up sat to test new steel, have made an adjustment or two, and am eager to see how they all run.... first the older sets.....
then the newer floppers........
they came out quite well, I need to replace the rod that they pivot on, but I wanted to see how well this one holds up before I decide what to buy for the new one. any one who wants to try it out is welcome. no centerfire rifles on the steel please, bring your own ears and eyes. sat morning first turn out at the big log if I can get there before the crowds.

ok well we went we shot and.... was underwhelmed! I knew the first two targets would work fine, did not end up taking the 24" circle wife was complaining about how much time I spend setting and breaking down....... the 6 plate hanging targets have been trimmed to the middle 4 with the outriggers trimmed and those plates elsewhere. The big test of the 6 falling/knockdown plate rack,,, well 1st shot 4 fell, 2nd shot got the other 2, but I was not the impact of the shot, but the impact of the falling plate that knocked the rest down. I may try taking some magnets I have and put a magnet between each plate and where it rests on the frame... I may also try a spring loaded landing pad of some sort for each plate... was thinking of old valve springs bolted in for the plates to fall on to reduce the impact... any ideas? I didn't have anyone join in the fun Just the wife and I but we may go and try it again next week or two just to test out the revamped plate rack.
Doug

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top