JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was given a sack of "loading stuff" by a customer. He knew I loaded and said this was left over when he quit loading many years ago.It turns out to be Herter's 6.5 x 55. I was wondering if anybody shoots this cal. anymore or is it just good looking old boxes for my office shelf. I have never heard of Herter's. He gave me boxes of 100 gr., 130 gr, Norma Brass and Sizing and Seating dies. Are they still in business?

I believe Herter's was a mail order company that sold sporting goods or maybe more specifically, firearms related goods. Their stuff was pretty good. Nowadays it's probably got some collector value.

6.5x55 was a common Swedish Mauser caliber.

I should buy this stuff just because it's cool.:s0155:

Herter's was a huge mail order hunting and fishing supply company, with a huge catalog back in the day. I remember my dad ordering fishing supplies from them back in the '60s.
Cabela's now owns the Herter's name, having bought them out after the company had been reduced to a fraction of thier former size.

Their dies are not aesthetically pleasing but they are serviceable. 6.5 X 55 is still a popular cartridge. You should be able to sell those for about 50-60% of what a used set of RCBS dies go for in the same caliber.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top