JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was given a sack of "loading stuff" by a customer. He knew I loaded and said this was left over when he quit loading many years ago.It turns out to be Herter's 6.5 x 55. I was wondering if anybody shoots this cal. anymore or is it just good looking old boxes for my office shelf. I have never heard of Herter's. He gave me boxes of 100 gr., 130 gr, Norma Brass and Sizing and Seating dies. Are they still in business?

I believe Herter's was a mail order company that sold sporting goods or maybe more specifically, firearms related goods. Their stuff was pretty good. Nowadays it's probably got some collector value.

6.5x55 was a common Swedish Mauser caliber.

I should buy this stuff just because it's cool.:s0155:

Herter's was a huge mail order hunting and fishing supply company, with a huge catalog back in the day. I remember my dad ordering fishing supplies from them back in the '60s.
Cabela's now owns the Herter's name, having bought them out after the company had been reduced to a fraction of thier former size.

Their dies are not aesthetically pleasing but they are serviceable. 6.5 X 55 is still a popular cartridge. You should be able to sell those for about 50-60% of what a used set of RCBS dies go for in the same caliber.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top