JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
all good points, and I don't doubt it.

There was a lot of motivation and reasoning behind those slaughters, and each was relative to their own time and situation.

Currently, if American citizens were disarmed, I wouldn't expect it to be much different than western european countries that have disarmed their citizens, ie, not much conflict, because what would be the motivation or reasoning to just up and slaughter ourselves? We've got a good thing going as far as our country and citizenry is concerned. Armed or not.

I reckon it depends on who is in charge, and that can change.

If the Antifa crowd came into power, I wonder what they would do to the current "deplorable" group, if the Deplorables were unarmed?

Or - if these guys wound up in charge...

3BE3C911-A573-44FF-853D-071897A110AC.jpeg

F6F3C9AA-BB24-4E34-82AA-6065A4CCB18E.jpeg

Here's the voice of experience:

AC6AA08F-F4A2-43BF-BAF7-FEE9AE8E5BE2.jpeg

The government - and the society around us - is subject to change. This is why we have the 2nd Amendment. A doomsday provision that we hope never has to be used against our own government, or in another civil war.

I reckon it depends on who is in charge, and that can change.

If the Antifa crowd came into power, I wonder what they would do to the current "deplorable" group, if the Deplorables were unarmed?

Or - if these guys wound up in charge...

View attachment 594251

View attachment 594252

Here's the voice of experience:

View attachment 594253

The government - and the society around us - is subject to change. This is why we have the 2nd Amendment. A doomsday provision that we hope never has to be used against our own government, or in another civil war.
The Quote I posted.
Dig up the past lose a eye .
Forget about the past lose two eyes.
Is from that book .
The Gulags .

It's a long book .
I listened to it on YouTube .
When I was driving .
It took a few weeks to listen to it.
And after that .
Now you know why I say.
If you come to take. My guns.
YOU BETTER PACK A LUNCH.
it's going to be a long day!

Last Edited:
Add to it the 6 Million East European CATHOLICS MURDERED BY TITO & Co, and PARTISANS....

And Curious to note that when the USSR Allegedly Collapsed Ted Koppel [IIRC] announced
that the Slaughter of 10,000 Polish Officers in the Katyn Forrest Had NOT been Killed by Nazis but by the Soviet Red Army and stuck in shallow graves......

Well Now, I have a book titled "ROOSEVELTS ROAD TO RUSSIA." In the index there are a few cites to the KATYN FORREST MASSACRE. These were referencing Congressional Testimony
when WWII NON HERO George Catlett Marshal had been nominated for Sec of Defence and the Boys trying to establish his HUGE CONNECTIONS TO COMMUNISM and RUSSIA.
There in the Congressional Record were the facts... German Soldiers had found them and brought in non belligerents to verify that they had been Murdered by the Soviets....

The book was published in 1959...

So somehow over time the story morphed in reversing the roles played....

FAKE NEWS is nothing new, and goes back centuries...

The current "Gun Control" movement started in 1963 and has been growing ever since. We all know, or should know, what is coming unless there is a radical change to the attitudes and beliefs of the electorate and the politicians.

To those on both sides of this discussion there is an age old question: "Is it better to have something and not need it, or to need something and not have it?" You get to decide what that "something" is and whether or not you might need it.

Last Edited:
I still believe our country is too rich for the powers that be to allow any kind of president or congress that would rock the boat in the fashion of slaughtering is citizens for no real reason other than the fact that they can't shoot back. Trump won't, Obama didn't, the Clintons didn't and won't, and the whoever comes next won't. No gov't of ours will devolve into killing its own citizens just because they don't have guns, we are far too valuable as taxpayers. Not to mention how that would royally destabilize our standing, trade, and relationships across the globe.

I believe there are vastly more appropriate comparisons between a disarmed america and disarmed western european nations as opposed to comparing a modern disarmed america with starving and rebellious third world countries of 50-100 years ago.

I don't think anyone hear is suggesting that our own Gvmnt, IE Our Military [*],
is gonna slaughter we who believe in 2A and want our guns..
And "The Powers that BE ARE WHO THE PROBLEM BE!!!"

It is more abt Controlling us in everything we do, w/ the Ultimate Goal being
1 World Gvmnt/ New World Order/ Globalization....

The Founding Fathers understood this and the Underlying Principles involved.

Hence 2A Acknowledges that it is INHERENT that WE The People have the
ABSOLUTE RIGHT TO OWN PARITY ARMAMENT.
[Nukes and WMDs fall into an entirely separate box].

Whether one buys into Christianity or not,
The Subject was addressed on the Night before when he told the 12 that When they went out anymore they should take some food and money and "He who is without a sword, let him SELL HIS CLOAK AND GO BUY ONE!!"
In reply was "Master there are 2 or 3 in the 'closet',, should we go get more?'[OWTTE]

"No Those will be enuf."

And another place is something like:
"The man who stands by his door w/ his loins girded and his sword at his side,
knows then that his family will be safe."
[ Can't remember it verbatim, don't want to Google,
they would just shape shift it anyhow...;) ]

[*]
Remember the 29 Palms study where asked the question given the scenario that the UN was incharge here in the US and the order was given to go house to house and confiscate our guns, some 20% of those Marines said they would follow orders....

Some time later the same was Proffered to the Army Rangers at Ft Lewis and from somewhere in the room a GI declared:
"I just turn around and shoot the Mu... Fu... who gave that order..."

thats a lot of what ifs. As long as the USA is the world cash cow that it is, nobody will rock the boat far enough for a UN presence here, martial law, or some door to door confiscation.

They didn't even do that in NZ where they actually had lists of registered guns. Their whole gun grab kinda failed, and it's already blown over because they have much more important things to do to function as a modern nation.

Even though it Was a lot of What IFs, the Point is that IT HAPPENED.

The ONE THING that gets in the way of Today's Globalization is the 2A...

In the 80s we subscribe to Foreign Affairs Magazine, from the CFR, and one could read THEIR Plans, and then watch Congress / POTUS follow along and put it into effect.

I still believe our country is too rich for the powers that be to allow any kind of president or congress that would rock the boat in the fashion of slaughtering is citizens for no real reason other than the fact that they can't shoot back. Trump won't, Obama didn't, the Clintons didn't and won't, and the whoever comes next won't. No gov't of ours will devolve into killing its own citizens just because they don't have guns, we are far too valuable as taxpayers. Not to mention how that would royally destabilize our standing, trade, and relationships across the globe.

I believe there are vastly more appropriate comparisons between a disarmed america and disarmed western european nations as opposed to comparing a modern disarmed america with starving and rebellious third world countries of 50-100 years ago.
Because we've never seen our federal government acting against our best interests. They'd certainly never deliberately attack our economy. HookTube :rolleyes: After watching mayors of several cities stand down their police forces, allowing rioters to burn cities and beat, burn, stab and stomp their own neighbors for having opposing viewpoints, I won't put anything past these people. You may want to reconsider trusting them to do what's right.

I appreciate your optimism, I really do, but we're not going to give up a fundamental human right and hope for the best.

Last Edited:
This may not be the correct forum to post this, but it is related and at this time I believe it is too limited to deserve it's own forum.

Over the years I've posted this on various sites:

We are constantly hearing about "Gun Violence", "Gun Deaths" and "Mass Shootings". All of these are lies, half-truths and misleading statements. They are all psychological tricks that are designed to make the average person believe that guns are the actual cause and then the "Gun Safety" groups parse their supporting data to only include deaths and injuries where a gun was involved. Guns are inanimate objects, which do not and cannot cause violence. Gun Deaths is the most dishonest and misleading of all of these, there are far, far too many things that can result in death to even begin to list them here. In addition, there are many, many different circumstances in those deaths such as: intentional, accidental, negligent, and self-inflicted. Nevertheless, all deaths where a gun was involved are grouped together, such as violent crime, suicide, accidents, and self-defense as if there is a single cause and therefore a single solution; which is a lie. In addition, this category ignores all violent crime where a firearm was not used. All of these lies, half-truths and misleading statements have an even more dangerous effect, which is, they distract from even trying to identify the real causes of injuries and deaths, and as a result, real solutions can never be identified. The basic causes of violence are lack of morals and/or certain mental illnesses; suicides are the result of depression and/or despair; accidents result from carelessness and/or lack of knowledge. Work on these rather than the diversion of "Gun Safety" (formerly Gun Control).

Last night I saw a glimmer of a Democratic candidate beginning to consider that there might be something, other than just guns, that needs to be investigated in trying to solve this "violence problem" in our country.

Elizabeth Warren, in the 06/26/2019 Democratic debate on a question about guns, reiterated Democrats' poll-tested question that we need to "do the things that are sensible and do the universal background checks and ban the weapons of war." . . . [But] Then she said "we can double down on the research and find out what really works," . . . "We need to find out where it is that we can make the differences at the margins that will keep our children safe. We need to treat this like the virus that's killing our children." . . . "What I think we need to do is treat it like a serious research problem, which we have have not done. Guns in the hands of a collector who had them for decades who never fired them and takes safety seriously, that's very different from guns that are sold and turned over quickly. We can't treat this as an across-the-board problem. We have to treat it like a public health emergency, and that means bring data to bear and make real change in this country whether it's politically popular or not. We need to fight for our children."

Last Edited:
This is evidence that safe storage laws wouldn't help much to a determined individual. Not that we didn't all already know that already...

We are not the "we" that they are trying to convince that guns are bad, evil things that need to be banned. And in doing so, disarm the populace and further ensheepen them.

The ONE THING that gets in the way of Today's Globalization is the 2A...

And that is why we hear the constant disarmament drumbeat from the New World Order and the United Nations!!

We have to treat it like a public health emergency,

There is no public health emergency... w/o the MSM and politicians shouting it all up, the amount of guns used in violent crime outside of urban ghettos is statistically insignificant!!! If the really wanted to address "gun violence", they would ban Chicago... an avg of 50 deaths per weekend... Meanwhile, one azzhat sprays a school, a nightclub, or a concert, and oh my the world is coming to an end!!! It's glamorization for a purpose beyond "if it bleeds, it leads"...

Oh, our own govt wouldn't kill us because we don't have guns... they would kill us for other reasons, to enforce their will about something, as the North did to the South. Don't think for a minute that there wouldn't be something they could make such a big deal out of... the drumbeats are already sounding as parts of the population want removal of 1A as well as 2A, killing of children up to the age of 3, killing off the elderly, the sick, the halt and the lame. Will they do it by force? Why not? They can always suspend the provision forbidding the quartering of govt troops to allow them to force us to house illegal immigrants in our own homes... yeah, more voters and more tax income... they don't need us taxpayers anyway! Not as long as they can borrow ever increasing amounts from SA and China. I read there is even new economic theory to justify a debt economy... MMT of some dang thing, as if we didn't already have a working theory like that in place... but now they gotta dust it off and present it along with The Green New Deal, all shiny and bright like a new penny for those young skulls full of mush to adore and adopt... sigh.

Twisted logic is being put forth. The truth is that history has proven that an unarmed populace is a vulnerable populace. Just because they aren't always massacred doesn't mean that it can't happen. What, because it's 2019? I'm sure all those citizens killed in various countries throughout time thought it couldn't happen then too!

Last Edited:
I saw this posted on a different website forum:

We all knew this was inevitable...
You knew suppressors make firearms really dangerous, didn't you? Well, if you didn't, [US] Senator Menendez is about to school you....

[US] Senator Menendez to Introduce Legislation to Ban Silencers

On Friday, New Jersey [US] Senator Bob Menendez, joined by members of Moms Demand Action, Everytown for Gun Safety, and Students Demand Action, held a press conference in Trenton to unveil a new piece of legislation called the Help Empowered Americans Response Act (HEAR Act), which he will be introducing when the [US] Senate reconvenes on Monday.

As the bill has not yet been formally introduced and the text is not currently available, the exact provisions are unknown. However, from the press conference and press release, [US] Senator Menendez is representing that that bill, if passed, would 1) ban the importation, sale, manufacture, transfer or possession of silencers, 2) authorize a buyback program using federal Byrne JAG grants, 3) provide a 90-day grace period for individuals to comply with the ban, and 4) "[p]rovide limited exceptions for certain current and former law enforcement personnel, for certain Atomic Energy personnel and purpose, and for certain authorized testing or experimentation."

https://www.recoilweb.com/senator-me...VoNC1hVfRlZkg8

ANOTHER ARTICLE ON THIS
Backers of a Federal Ban on 'Gun Silencers' Claim Only Murderers Use Them

Last Edited:
There was a lot of motivation and reasoning behind those slaughters, and each was relative to their own time and situation.

Currently, if American citizens were disarmed, I wouldn't expect it to be much different than western european countries that have disarmed their citizens, ie, not much conflict, because what would be the motivation or reasoning to just up and slaughter ourselves?

I'm not quite sure I understand your reasoning. It goes without saying that every historical atrocity had reasons behind it that were specific to the time and place. That's true of every historical event. Nothing just happens for no reason. No, it would be absurd to think that the powers that be would start randomly killing people just because they could. Does it make it any more palatable that all these historical atrocities had motivation and reason behind them?

These atrocities almost never happen to the average person. It's always those that don't fit in that get the short end of the stick, typically a minority in ethnicity, religion, or political views. Historically there are always complex factors building up to state-sponsored mass murder, but it's still mass murder nonetheless.

Whens the un and nwo going to invade Belgium? Their citizens are not well armed, and dont have a 2nd amendment. They seem to be ok.

Yes, precisely because everything is OK, at this time. When things are going well you don't rock the boat. The global nature of the economy make this especially true. It doesn't take much, in first world nations at least, to rock the world economy, and nobody wants that.

As a student of history and human nature though, it's clear to me that times of peace and prosperity are punctuated throughout the whole of human history by times of famine and violence. We all want to think that society has evolved past that, and I truly do want to believe that, but a basic understanding of history and human nature make me suspect otherwise. We like to think that we are so civilized, advanced, and intellectual that it could never happen here, ever again, but peel back that thin veneer of civilization...

I don't wear a tinfoil hat or see dark conspiracies around every corner. I don't normally participate in SHTF threads or fantasize about the post-apocalyptic future. I see the free ownership of firearms more as a symbol of freedom, rather than a physical deterrent of tyranny and genocide.

I hope and pray that the current level of political hatred and intolerance towards other's views doesn't continue on the downward spiral it's been on in recent years. I'd love to believe that widespread violence and hardship can't happen here anytime in the foreseeable future. I'd also like to think that an armed populace actually helps prevent that kind of thing.

This is one thing that the left doesn't understand about the gun rights movement. They see us as right-wing somehow, when the 2nd Amendment is actually quite libertarian or even liberal in a way. We don't just want to arm people on "our side", we respect the rights of all people to be armed, whether you're conservative or liberal, black or white, straight or gay. If you're a law-abiding American, we think you should have the right to bear arms, for the protection of yourself, your family, your community, your country.

Many people around the world cannot fathom the idea of wanting to arm your ideological opponents. It really is a rather revolutionary idea.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top