JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to be of the mind that I did not like the idea of armed teachers...
Then after some serious soul searching , and a whole lot of thinking of my skills and experience...
I then came around to the acceptance that :
I love my students...
I do indeed have the skills and experience , along with the willingness to do what is needed...
So why not have armed school staff if they are willing to be armed...?

The above is only my thoughts , based on my experiences , I can not , nor will not claim to speak for all teachers or combat veterans....Just me as both...
Andy
I preface the below comments recognizing that I am focusing on school age troubled individuals/students but danger can also come from those outside the schools, non-students!
I agree with you Andy! Attitudes of school boards and administrators should change to allow willing teachers to be properly trained (if needed), armed, and carrying EVERY school day as well as to and from school activities off campus! It also goes without saying that the armed teacher keep that firearm in their possession, free from being use by some evil-minded person. Perhaps someone tipped into doing something due to anger or [insert stupid reason here]! I also have to ask about parents, current curriculum, teacher bias, society, and finally the cruel "clickish" attitudes that many students have towards an individual that doesn't "fit in" to their norms. What part have they contributed to that outcast or crazy persons need for revenge. Shooting just becomes the method of choice I think because of movies, games, caretakers, and yes, some irresponsible gun owners and/or sellers. A person who wants that firearm unfortunately does not give a damn for ANY laws passed to detour such actions! Teachers are the main filter to recognize behavior where there may be a problem leading to a potential shooter for whatever reason due to the amount of time they spend with students! They should volunteer to be trained in discernment of potential problems leading to shooter actions and immediately notifying school authorities & school counselors. Finally, NWO-types like George Soros and his ilk play their part in trying to tear down America by funding & encouraging such behaviors! Think back, most of us older folks can remember a time when school shootings were a VERY rare occurrence. Figure for yourself what has changed, not just in the last few decades but over your entire lifetimes and beyond. No one wrote in history (that I am aware of) about school mass stabbings or worse happening in past generations? What has change in the minds of offenders and don't tell me it's guns!

Last Edited:
I recommended and posted this multiple places after Sandy Hook.

Regarding physical school security, following the Sandy Hook mass shooting, the NRA recommended to have armed security in our nation's schools. At that time many politicians and the "press", who were predisposed against firearms, dismissed this recommendation as extreme. Even though, in response to the Columbine High School shooting, then-President Bill Clinton and a Democratic Congress enacted a program called Cops in Schools. As a result, 23,000 public and private U.S. schools provide armed security for our children and many more are considering it as a result of the subsequent shootings. My review of the suggestion for armed security raises the following issues and recommendations:

a) An obvious armed guard, out in the open, is also a target for a determined attacker. This must be considered when assigning armed security and establishing procedures.

b) Improve building security, but maintain emergency egress: one-way metal doors, with alarms and video cameras on all but main entrance, double-door secure main entrance vestibules with metal detectors, video and remote locks, reinforced ground-level windows, fencing of school property, police presence at start of school day.

Two million people fly in the US everyday and they all go through security. This is proven technology; USE IT, on students, teachers, staff, and visitors.

c) The above (b) only addresses an attack by an outsider. It does not protect against a possible school employee or student attack:

- An additional level might be to provide each school employee with a "medical alert" type of personal-panic alarm, with 2-way voice communication capability, that is carried on their person with signals simultaneously going to the office, local security and the police/security.

- Reinforced classroom doors so that they can be locked/barred from the inside and have a secure remote lock/unlock. Also, possibly add remote controlled isolation/containment barriers. But, controls and procedures must be designed to insure that students, teachers, or administrators are not trapped with an attacker by these features or that attackers cannot use these as a way to barricade themselves from security.

- And, allow (not require) private security, teachers and administrators who have been properly trained and also possess a concealed carry permit to have concealed weapons, on their person at all times, while on school property.

PAY FOR IT AND USE IT! None of this is "high tech" or extreme in today's world. If you really want "to protect our children" Spend the F***iING money instead of waiting for the next mass shooting so that you have another excuse for ineffective "gun control"!

They where warned over a month ago .
That something was going to happen and they did nothing
Again, it slipped through the cracks and every gun owner in America is expected to pay the price for some administrator who made a conscious decision to not do anything. Perhaps someone should be fired and charged with the death and wounding of innocent children...

Enough is enough...

Parent notifies school dist and popo about a concern brought by the parent's enrolled senior student. Parent gets sued for defamation... How is that defamatory? Are they saying the parent lied about what her child reported? Are they saying the child lied and the parent is responsible for passing it on? Or are they trying to keep parents from reporting these kinds of concerns to them? If so... Why? Is it too much hassle to follow up? Does it embarrass them when word gets out? Does it threaten their control over the school district/students/teachers/etc? How do they like it now???????????????????????????

They were talking about this yesterday on the radio.
The parent report it to a school supervisor.
The parent remaining anonymous.
The supervisor reports it .
Then the school Sue's said parent even though they didn't know who she was.
Lol .
You can't make this up.

They were talking about this yesterday on the radio.
The parent report it to a school supervisor.
The parent remaining anonymous.
The supervisor reports it .
Then the school Sue's said parent even though they didn't know who she was.
Lol .
You can't make this up.

Attempting to sue an anonymous persion... and these people are responsible for teaching kids. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm not lawyer, but I did sleep in a Holiday Express once, maybe twice... don't you need a name to put on the court papers?

" Kendrick Castillo was an 18-year-old who was murdered this week in the Colorado school shooting while trying to defend his fellow classmates. Castillo, who wanted to be a Knight of Columbus just like his Dad, has been described by friends and family as a living saint who always looked out for the lost or forgotten. He died, literally laying down his life for his friends. May we all be known for such love. " -- Ten Things that Caught My Eye Today May 10 2019 | National Review

On Wednesday, Kendick's father, John Castillo, confirmed to the Denver Post what he had learned from witnesses and the coroner: that Kendrick died while charging the shooter to save his friends.

"It doesn't surprise me," John Castillo told the Denver Post. "He cared enough about people that he would do something like that, even though it's against my better judgment."

"I wish he had gone and hid," Castillo added, "but that's not his character. His character is about protecting people, helping people."
-- 'No greater love' — Denver Catholics remember Kendrick Castillo, who died in STEM school shooting

The school was warned.

The punks, murdering, wounding and shooting young adults, the male and the female, made threats verbally and on social networks.

Several foreign news sources and a FEW places stateside told more about these shooters than what most of the mainstream news wants to be made public. Including the father of one of the shooters, the female.

Start handing out DEATH sentences for younger than 18 and 18 and over murdering pieces of you know WHAT and this crapola will stop. And if it does not stop immediately - maybe it will save the taxpayers some money.

Swift and fair trial. A brief time before they are executed, no appeal after appeal, and NO long ordeal of a life sentence like Manson and his ilk got. NO MERCY needle like you put an old or cancer ridden dog to sleep.

They should get shot by a firing squad or hung in the public square just like all of the other NO doubt murderers that were found guilty in a swift/fair trial or confessions with NO doubt. I don't care if the murderer was on hormones or crazy land drugs (Big Pharma!) or illegal drugs or drunk or a freaking criminal snowflake... NO excuses should be made for MURDERERS. Period!

Cate

" Kendrick Castillo was an 18-year-old who was murdered this week in the Colorado school shooting while trying to defend his fellow classmates. Castillo, who wanted to be a Knight of Columbus just like his Dad, has been described by friends and family as a living saint who always looked out for the lost or forgotten. He died, literally laying down his life for his friends. May we all be known for such love. " -- Ten Things that Caught My Eye Today May 10 2019 | National Review

-- 'No greater love' — Denver Catholics remember Kendrick Castillo, who died in STEM school shooting

THIS young man was/is a hero in my eyes.

It is a SHAME that the school and all other authority figures did NOT do anything about the murdering/wounding criminals, male and female, BEFORE THE SHOOTING.

May Kendrick Castillo's family and friends find peace in this horrific time.

Kendrick is in God's loving arms.

May he rest in peace.

Cate

The school was warned.

The punks, murdering, wounding and shooting young adults, the male and the female, made threats verbally and on social networks.

Several foreign news sources and a FEW places stateside told more about these shooters than what most of the mainstream news wants to be made public. Including the father of one of the shooters, the female.

Start handing out DEATH sentences for younger than 18 and 18 and over murdering pieces of you know WHAT and this crapola will stop. And if it does not stop immediately - maybe it will save the taxpayers some money.

Swift and fair trial. A brief time before they are executed, no appeal after appeal, and NO long ordeal of a life sentence like Manson and his ilk got. NO MERCY needle like you put an old or cancer ridden dog to sleep.

They should get shot by a firing squad or hung in the public square just like all of the other NO doubt murderers that were found guilty in a swift/fair trial or confessions with NO doubt. I don't care if the murderer was on hormones or crazy land drugs (Big Pharma!) or illegal drugs or drunk or a freaking criminal snowflake... NO excuses should be made for MURDERERS. Period!

Cate
Cate's a bit hot under the collar this morning, I understand and agree...

Those found guilty of murder, should experience the same, via the same method. Period...

Last Edited:
Parent notifies school dist and popo about a concern brought by the parent's enrolled senior student. Parent gets sued for defamation... How is that defamatory? Are they saying the parent lied about what her child reported? Are they saying the child lied and the parent is responsible for passing it on? Or are they trying to keep parents from reporting these kinds of concerns to them? If so... Why? Is it too much hassle to follow up? Does it embarrass them when word gets out? Does it threaten their control over the school district/students/teachers/etc? How do they like it now???????????????????????????

They only want those reported that fit the narrative.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top