JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When viewing for sale ads, it is helpful to look at two things. First, the date the ad was posted. Second, click on the seller's name in the original post to see when they were last logged in.

Conversely, for sellers, new and old:

Add some detail if it isn't obvious - is the ammo JHP or FMJ? What is the weight of the bullet. What is the brand of the ammo? What model is the gun? Is it stainless or blued? What is the length of the barrel.

How many rounds in the box?

That kind of stuff. This is basic info - I should not have to ask it in the ad or in a PM/Conversation etc. - and don't get mad at me if I ask it in the ad; other prospective buyers will want to know the same things. I am not asking if you will trade for XXX or sell it for less or ship it (although it doesn't hurt to say that too) - I am asking basic information that should have been included in the first post! :rolleyes:

As a buyer, if you want the item post in the ad "I will take it" then send a private message to the seller. This lets us all know it's spoken for and provides a time stamp.
As a seller, please mark your ad "SPF / Sold pending funds" once you strike a deal. Again, this communicates to all who look this item has a pending sale.

I post "conversation started" after I start the conversation where I say "I will take it"/etc.

More than once someone else has beat me to it even though it wasn't apparent at the time. You just don't know whether a trade/offer will work, so the first "I will take it" in a thread doesn't necessarily mean it is spoken for.

When viewing for sale ads, it is helpful to look at two things. First, the date the ad was posted. Second, click on the seller's name in the original post to see when they were last logged in.
But I want some a that sweet sweet ammos for negative dollars! Come on, man!

The good thing about new members dredging up zombie classifieds is threefold:

1) Sometimes it actually works, but I would not bother with a seller that hasn't been seen on the forum for months to years, on the off chance they might have email notifications turned on - especially sellers that have very low post counts.

2) It might prompt the seller to close the ad, or at least post that it is sold.

3) Otherwise, other buyers might notice the many "is this still for sale?" posts and go their way, but that only seems to work about half the time.

It might be nice to have the forum automatically close a for sale/trade ad if: Hasn't been bumped in years and hasn't been closed and seller/etc. hasn't been on the forum in years. Maybe ping the member that their ad will be closed due to inactivity.

Any old muzzle loaders need to be given to Andy54Hawken....:eek: :D
Just kidding...:D

If anyone has a question about their sales ad or needs help with their classified ad...
Please be sure to contact a Moderator...we will be happy to assist.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR