JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to shoot today. Had my wife, 4 friends. It was to celebrate my birthday last week. Couldn't have asked for a better day to shoot. Went to Browns Camp, to the rock pit there.

Got there around 9mm, only one other shooter there. Set up tables, unloaded everything, set up targets. Loaded a magazine, put a round in the chamber and.... Sherif drives up, gets on his loud speaker and said "range is closed for cleaning today" :(:mad::(

Turns out a group named SOLVE? Was coming in to clean the place out. A few of the friends elected to leave. No worries, my wife and another friend and I stuck around and helped clean that place up. By the time we were done it looked really good. We hauled at least 5 truck loads out.

It was nice to clean that place finally, we shoot there a lot and even though we take a couple bags out each time, it's not enough.

The Department of forestry was there helping as well. Apparently they are cleaning the whole area.

I was talking to the forestry guy and mentioned NWF and if they ever wanted help they could always ask here, he said he had forgot to let us know. He also said that when he puts out the notice of the SOLVE day, he was going to be sure that he credits NWF with having volunteers helping today.

The best part is after we were done cleaning, around 130, they opened the range again and we actually got to shoot! Couldn't ask for a better birthday. ;)

Last Edited:
I also got half of a really cool bat. 20150418_113710.jpg

Nice work! It would be nice to know if another group was coordinating a clean up effort so we could join forces and show that it really is just few a$$ clowns that make a mess and leave it.

I was out there the other day and took a couple bags out with me but didn't make a dent. Especially on the right side against the berm. It was littered with plastic crap everywhere.

It's all gone now. Still a lot of shotgun shells / brass. But we took all the plastic, old wood, tin cans, glass and other garbage. It looked really nice when I left. The ODF guy said he would for sure post here or notify the appropriate people next time.

I knew about this clean up today. Should have posted it. Too busy, I guess. SOLVE has the whole weekend tied up with tons of clean up events all over the state. It's the last weekend before Earth Day!

That is cool you hung out and helped. Way to go! You're the kind of guy we like! Glad your birthday turned out to be something special!

We organized a clean up, with Tillamook State Forest, this past March. It was an area that is SE of Brown Camp, just off Hwy 26. Maps and details here... https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/tillamook-state-forest-clean-up.191358/

We're hoping to do another one with Tillamook soon. Keep your eyes open for any places that still need help.

...... Got there around 9mm,

Ha! Now that's a guy with guns on his mind! Got there at 9mm! :p

Thanks again, IheartSig. Love the LE t-shirt! And the bat makes you look like we better not trash this place again, or.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill

Thanks Cogs! Yes I was disappointed I was unable to go to the last clean up because I had to work, I was actually excited to be able to stick around today and help with this one.

I really enjoy that section of forest and it has become a frequent escape for my family be it camping, riding or shooting. It was nice to see it getting some attention.

I hadn't noticed the 9mm typo! But it fits! I had been looking forward to this range day all week and it was definitely the frame of mind I was in.

I sent the picture and warm regards to SOLVE from the gang here at NWFA!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top