JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Madsen M47. Not a lot out there about them.
Here's one link: Collecting and Shooting the Military Surplus Rifle - Surplusrifle.com
and another link: Madsen Lightweight Military Rifle

I do not have the bayonet.

The rifle is in very good shape. Looking like not shot much. From the sounds of it, they were made for the Columbian Navy, but likely never issued or put into service. So it's a milsurp of sorts with no wars to its name. Though a nice size/weight 30-06 bolt carbine.

Trying to find out what it's worth. It's not listed in the blue book of gun values that I could find.

any help out there? thanks

I saw my first Madsen LIR in the 1960's it was in new shape with black paint over a Park. finish. They are a nice rifle but not a great one. I would prefer a Savage 308 or an SKS

Yeah I hear you. I do have my savage 308 lever. This Madsen just another interesting take on 30-06.

I saw my first Madsen LIR in the 1960's it was in new shape with black paint over a Park. finish. They are a nice rifle but not a great one. I would prefer a Savage 308 or an SKS

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top